ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETo applied more then 7 months ago

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mustang390

SETo applied more then 7 months ago

Post by mustang390 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi

I applied on 20th March and did my Biometrics in early June and since waiting for any response from HO, I did call many times but everytimes they say " You wud have to continue to wait".
I am really frustrated about my situation is there anything I could do to speed up the process ? contact with MP is going to make any difference ?

angelsoul
Newly Registered

Re: SETo applied more then 7 months ago

Post by angelsoul » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:27 am

mustang390 wrote:Hi

I applied on 20th March and did my Biometrics in early June and since waiting for any response from HO, I did call many times but everytimes they say " You wud have to continue to wait".
I am really frustrated about my situation is there anything I could do to speed up the process ? contact with MP is going to make any difference ?
Hi, I applied on the 30th of april, did biometrics back on August and still waiting, called ukba but as my 6 months are no due until next week didn't give me any info, just a give us a call when u 6 months pass, contact my MP a couple of days ago and got an email back. Saying they will my representatives getting an update n will get back to me, I really hope that it makes a different n reply to my appl soon,, set(o) as u,,,

All my best, with help of God this waiting will end soon, :)

rashid123
Newly Registered

Post by rashid123 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 pm

[quote="mustang390"]Hi

HI .....I had applied on 21st may PEO. not heared untill 24th october.UKBA asked my utility bills with my wife. but i cantacted with my MP 2 months ago , MP sent a e-mail to ikba , and he said when ukba will inform my MP he will give me up date. might be thats why ukba asked for further letter. besides this i sent few latters and faxes through my solicitor and my self as well. you can try as well. better than sitting idle.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 pm

angelsoul wrote:

Hi, I applied on the 30th of april, did biometrics back on August and still waiting, called ukba but as my 6 months are no due until next week didn't give me any info, just a give us a call when u 6 months pass, contact my MP a couple of days ago and got an email back. Saying they will my representatives getting an update n will get back to me, I really hope that it makes a different n reply to my appl soon,, set(o) as u,,,

how its possible that you applied in april and after 4 months they called you for bio-metrics

angelsoul
Newly Registered

Post by angelsoul » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:41 am

ryan2020 wrote:
angelsoul wrote:

how its possible that you applied in april and after 4 months they called you for bio-metrics

Yes It took around 3 months to get my biometrics invitation, letter dated 26 of July, arrived the 1st of August, done on the 3th,,

Docholiday
Newly Registered

Post by Docholiday » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi folks
I applied SET M April 11 2012.
Ukba could not see entry stamps when I entered another country when I left the UK.this was 23.08.2012.
I got travel index from the countries immigration data base and sent it on 10-09-2012.
Ukba has so far not responded.
Contacted my MP.via email.
Replied that ukba last reviewed my file on 27 09 2012.but ukba has not directly contacted me yet.
That is the stress we go through with Ukba.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 pm

So do you think that contacting the MP is going to be helpful ? as I dont want this to go into Christmas holidays, as I need my passport badly :(

Is there any template letter which I could use to contact my MP ?

regards

Docholiday
Newly Registered

Post by Docholiday » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Call your MP's office. In my case the Personal Assistant of the MP asked me to send an email with the details
Personal,date of application , type of application ,address any concerns you have that is relevant.
Check the MP for your area the address and contact can be found online.
They are very helpful they have a hotline to the ukba.
You will normaly get prompt response.
Just try.God bless.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

I came across this template on another forum do you think it will be enough to convince my MP to contact them immediately ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr XXXXX

I applied for my Indefinite Leave to Leave under Tier 1 General category on XX-XX-XXXX. and I received my aknowledgement letter on XX-XX-XXXX and since then I have been waiting for any response.

At the moment current waiting time for my category is 6 Months but I have been waiting for over 7 months now I am in a very tense situation as I need to make some urgent tours and need to see my family but I cannot do anything without my passport.

I would request you to please inquire about the status of my application from
Home Office.

regards

Docholiday
Newly Registered

Post by Docholiday » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:52 am

That should do.
Don't forget to put in your address.
This will help the MP determine if you fall in his or her constituency .
God bless.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 am

I have sent the Email to my Local MP and does anyone know how long will it take them to get any response from HO ? do they call them or send them a letter etc ?

Docholiday
Newly Registered

Post by Docholiday » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:38 am

It depends if they call or write the UKba.
A call is usually given a response by UKba same day.
Information to you depends on your MP's choice.
I got a letter from my MP dated same day I sent the email after they phoned the UKba.
God bless.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:37 pm

Docholiday wrote:It depends if they call or write the UKba.
A call is usually given a response by UKba same day.
Information to you depends on your MP's choice.
I got a letter from my MP dated same day I sent the email after they phoned the UKba.
God bless.
hi docholiday,

can you tell me who is your mp. my mp is useless she is waiting for response from 7 weeks and today i shouted on her PA that other MP do trace but yoy are doing nothing. they said to wait..... ukba says wait.... mp says wait..........

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:23 am

Hi sent few Emails but have not received any response from my MP, is there anyway I could get his contact number ?

regrads

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Contacting your MP
Thanks sushdmehta I have got the number now, I called HOuse of COmmons and they gave me a direct number to my MP and MP's assistant promise me to get an answer from UKBA asap.
NOw lets see what they gonna do , I am in real trouble now it seems :( as I cant wait anymore.

mustang390

Post by mustang390 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi

I called my MP today and the MP's assistant told me that "they have sent an email to UKBA" I wonder does the UKBA even reply through Emails ?

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:51 pm

mustang390 wrote:Hi All
Many thanks for everyone here for all support and help.

I got my ILR (Seto Postal Application) last week after Painfull 8 Months of wait. Best of luck everyone.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

uktraveller.030209
Newly Registered

Post by uktraveller.030209 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:09 am

The delay in your case may be for a genuine reason as well, if your route to ILR has been rather complicated and needs further investigation.

SERIOUS ADVICE - Unless you are seriously financially handicapped, NEVER apply for ILR by POST !

If you have an option to, then book a premium same day service - Unless your's a very complicated case, you'd get your biometrics registered and PR application decision the same day

This answer is based on actual response of other successful applicants who submitted their ILR application using form SET-0 versions 04/2013 and 12/2013