ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @Croydon 31/01/14 - Director of limited company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiru09
Newly Registered

ILR Success @Croydon 31/01/14 - Director of limited company

Post by chiru09 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:29 am

Hi All,

I am glad to let you know all that my application along with my wife's is successful yesterday i.e 31st JAN 2014 . I am director of my own limited company and I draw salary and dividends ONLY with 100% share holding. I am NOT registered as self-employed.

Initially was tough to find the Croydon appointments for the dates we needed. Spent lot of time to find the right slot in UK BA site. Started initally to check at midnight at 00:00 AM as part of my previous Tier1 extension experience , but its changed now. I have seen slots opening around sometime between 3pm-5pm and also sometimes at 7pm - 9pm. I rescheduled couple of times to find the right slot. Not paid any extra amount though. 48hrs before the appointment time you cant reschedule it anymore through website as the option is no longer visibile. You might need to try by calling the call center.

Lot of planning to gather all the below documents for the past few years I would say and also spent quite huge sum of amounts to accountants to prepare reference letter and accounts of my company(because of their service charges). Paid amounts to get electoral register letter and also GP letters. On the whole a big sigh of relief after getting through the ILR huddle. No more business of maintenance funds etc. And the important one, I am an IT contractor , no more visa issues in searching the next contract.

I also have a 3month old baby who was born in UK and I didnt include in the baby in ILR application as I want to register the baby as British Citizen after I get my ILR.

The following are the documents that i submitted.
  • SET O application form
    appointment letter
    payment slip
    1 complete set of photocopies of all the documents including the dependent wife(Painful task to take photocopies of huge set)
    12 Payslips and dividends vouchers printed on my company letter head
    12 Bank statements for the earnings proof and maintance funds
    past 2 years P60s
    past 2 years Tax returns
    Accountant's Reference Letter on their letter head confirming the salary and dividends taken in the past 1 year. Signed by ACCA
    Company accounts showing balance sheet and Profit & Loss for the past 1 year on Accountants letter head . Signed by ACCA
    Company business statements for the past 1 year
    Invoices raised in the past 1 year
    My contracts with agency company for the past 3 years
    Remittance letters from agency company confirming the date paid for invoices on their letter head
    Letter from agency company confirming that they do business with my limited company for the past few years on their letter head
    Limited company registration certificate
    My 100% share holding certificate
    VAT registration certificate
    HMRC corporation tax acknowledgements for the past 2 years
    Life in UK test report for myself and my wife
    NARIC certificates for myself and my wife to prove the KOL requirement
    Degree certificates of myself and my wife
    Medium of instruction as English for the degrees of myself and my wife.
    Absence letter detailing my entry and exit dates for holiday purpose which were 60days in 5years totally.
    Cohabitation Docs for the past 2 years : Tenancy agreements , Electoral register letters, bank statements, GP letter, NHS letters, Car insurance certificates, Driving licence paper counterparts, Bupa insurance docs
I did clear of my taxes with HMRC and corporation taxes for the current financial year before going to the appointment , just to make sure I am good and clean in paying taxes on time.

After receiving back the originals I observed that in the bank statements of both my personal and limited company the case worker made markings with pen for his refernce to check salary, dividends, hmrc vat , taxes paid, invoices paid. They have meticulously cross referenced each transaction.

This forum was very useful in finding the latest trend of the applicants experiences etc. I thank all the people who have posted valuable information for others. I have seen few comments here and there some people mentioning dont put extra docs , saying my perception of my mind is better than yours etc.... I am a person who will listen first and think and take a appropriate decision that matters to me finally , here its my VISA and my application and I dont compromise on anything apart from getting visa in the right way. Take decisions that matter to you the most , instead of going into debate with some funny people out there.

All the best to rest of the folks !!!

pinkpop

Re: ILR Success @Croydon 31/01/14 - Director of limited comp

Post by pinkpop » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:50 am

Congrats!!! Enjoy your ilr.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 am

pinkpop wrote:Congrats!!! Enjoy your ilr.
And of course you have 1 year to prepare for Adult naturalisation application :D

spacer

Post by spacer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Congratz chiru.

Is it possible for you yo share template of letter signed by your agency for remittance?

uktraveller.030209
Newly Registered

Post by uktraveller.030209 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:13 am

well, congrats mate! and thanks for putting up the information for others' use.

The only concern I see with your case and the list of documents that you submitted is that more than half of the documents on that list are never required for ILR application using SET-O form even if you have been in the UK all the 5 years of qualifying period and have been operating your own limited company all the time.

THE ONLY FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR ILR for someone operating HIS OWN LIMITED COMPANY AS A DIRECTOR are -

@ Personal bank statements covering the period for which you are claiming your earnings
@ Payslips and dividend vouchers (at best signed /stamped by your acccountants but even that is not mandatory as long as you have
an accompanying letter confirming the earnings)
@ A letter from your accountants on their letter head confirming that you have been operating the company you are presenting
payslips and dividend vouchers of and that you are a 100% share holder and entitled to all the retained profits of the company.
And the letter must have your accountants' ACCA registration/membership number - this is a MUST

FROM YOUR LIST the FOLLOWING documents are NEVER NEEDED if you are ALREADY providing the aforesaid documents -

x past 2 years P60s
x past 2 years Tax returns
x Company accounts showing balance sheet and Profit & Loss for the past 1 year on Accountants letter head . Signed by ACCA
x Invoices raised in the past 1 year
x My contracts with agency company for the past 3 years
x Remittance letters from agency company confirming the date paid for invoices on their letter head
x Letter from agency company confirming that they do business with my limited company for the past few years on their letter head
x Limited company registration certificate
x My 100% share holding certificate
x VAT registration certificate
x HMRC corporation tax acknowledgements for the past 2 years

WHAT ELSE IS MISLEADING FROM YOUR POST -

did clear of my taxes with HMRC and corporation taxes for the current financial year before going to the appointment , just to make sure I am good and clean in paying taxes on time.

-- IT IS NOT NEEDED REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER CURRENT financial situation of your company. IT IS NOT GOING TO AFFECT
YOUR ILR application
Initially was tough to find the Croydon appointments for the dates we needed. Spent lot of time to find the right slot in UK BA site. Started initally to check at midnight at 00:00 AM as part of my previous Tier1 extension experience , but its changed now. I have seen slots opening around sometime between 3pm-5pm and also sometimes at 7pm - 9pm. I rescheduled couple of times to find the right slot. Not paid any extra amount though. 48hrs before the appointment time you cant reschedule it anymore through website as the option is no longer visibile. You might need to try by calling the call center.
-- FINDING APPOINTMENTS ARE EASIER NOW THAN EVER BEFORE BECAUSE NOW YOU PAY ALL THE FEE RIGHT UPFRONT AT THE TIME OF BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE A LITTLE THOUGHTFUL and BOOK ONE 4-5 WEEKS IN ADVANCE

and also spent quite huge sum of amounts to accountants to prepare reference letter and accounts of my company(because of their service charges)

-- YOU PROBABLY SHOULD CHANGE YOUR ACCOUNTANTS. Most accountants DO IT FREE OF CHARGE
And the important one, I am an IT contractor , no more visa issues in searching the next contract.
-- NO AGENCY MAKES A FUSS IF YOU ARE CLOSING IN ON YOUR VISA RENEWAL TIME. They only make a fuss when you are freshie
in the UK with companies showing on your CV no matter how big they might be that, are not popular in the UK market. ONCE YOU'VE BEEN HERE, with some UK MARKET EXPERIENCE, THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO TALK TO YOU AND PUT YOU THROUGH FOR A NEW CONTRACT ROLE (of course based on your CV)

A VERY GOOD OBSERVATION INDEED
]After receiving back the originals I observed that in the bank statements of both my personal and limited company the case worker made markings with pen for his refernce to check salary, dividends, hmrc vat , taxes paid, invoices paid. They have meticulously cross referenced each transaction.

- It always helps to mark the actual transactions on you bank statements with a light coloured pen or highlighter. Heard this from so many others

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Congratulations, Enjoy

MK123
United Kingdom

Post by MK123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:25 am

Congrats

gautam.more
Newly Registered

Post by gautam.more » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi Chiru,
congrats on your ILR. i had a query, There is section about earning in the SET-O form where we need to specify monthly earning.
as a director i draw earning as Wages/Dividend, which vary every month based on no. of days billed to client /any work break.
The question was what mothly income i should mention ? i.e if wages/divident of May 600/1000 , June 600/2000 & july it was 600/3000
do i take average and mention as monthly wages? i.e 600/2000?

Thanks