ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Help (SETO)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kpk1234

ILR Help (SETO)

Post by kpk1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for my ILR soon. I am posting now to get be prepared in advance. I have gone away on holiday 4 times so far with 3 weeks is the most I have been away. Do I need letter from my employer to state why I went away? I am taking the following documents and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Passports (old and new)
Application form
Photos
Bank Statements
Letter from Employer to state salary ( I took employer letter for my Tier 1 extension as employer only provides e-payslips)
English Language ( Degree taught in English and already submitted certificate with Initial Tier 1 Application)
Life in UK Test Certificate

If I need to get a letter from employer to state my Holidays does it have to be in the last 30 days from the date of application as I am soon starting a new job soon.

Thanks in Advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Help (SETO)

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Get a letter before you leave, but it shouldn't be required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

uktraveller.030209
Newly Registered

Post by uktraveller.030209 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:59 am

What you must do -
1) You must get a letter from your employer/employers confirming for each period of absence from the UK that you were on
paid holidays.
2) Carry with you photocopies of all the immigration stamps on your passport (which is anyway a part of requisite documents -
photocopies all pages of passport)

Does the date on this letter from your employer matters ?
- No

This answer is based on actual response of other successful applicants who submitted their ILR application using form SET-0 version 12/2013

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:30 am

uktraveller.030209 Please link to cases where applicants were asked for evidence of absences where absences were <180 days per 12 month period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

uktraveller.030209
Newly Registered

Post by uktraveller.030209 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Amber_ wrote:uktraveller.030209 Please link to cases where applicants were asked for evidence of absences where absences were <180 days per 12 month period.
If I see any post here that relates to section 6.2 of SET O form or evidences people had submitted,I will copy and paste the post URL

The cases that I've normally seen lately were more in person and the people who have applied over last 12 months.
And although some people will debate that case workers might not be too bothered about section 6.2 evidence, there is a clear
stipulation in SET O guidance notes on the requirement of such an evidence.

Here's an excerpt from section 6.2 SET-O ver 12/2013 that confirms that
Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying
under Tier 1 (General);Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer);Tier 2 (General); Tier 2 (Minister of religion);
Tier 2 (Sportsperson); Tier 5 International Agreement, and permitted employment categories - except
Highly Skilled Migrants.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Jedi001