ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Me please Form MN1 or Form T

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Just Wondering

Re: Forfeited or held

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Please write to UKBA and Theresa May to tell them of your dissatisfaction with their Forms and Guidance Notes.

For this situation, MN1 is not appropriate.

spike2009
Newly Registered

Post by spike2009 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi thank you, for the ongoing debate and replies, ive been a little busy these last two days to come back here,I have already wrote the the UKBA telling them of the misleading, and hard to understand directions and information their website gives and have not recieved a reply yet, thanks to all involved here for the information i have recieved (more than any ukba or passport advice webite and phoneline has ever gave me), I shall be applying on Form T, i think i could apply with form MN1 under the section 3(1) but Form T is more direct and does not require me to send in anything i havent already got, thanks again.

spike2009
Newly Registered

Post by spike2009 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:06 pm

And sorry jambo i didnt reply to your question, no his mother never registered for some reason, i never get a straight answer out of the grandmother that was responsible to do that (as my sons mother was only 2) and his mother has never applied, she says its because she has never had any problems she just ticks british on forms and no one has ever refused her, and she has never been abroad or intends to. Thanks

spike2009
Newly Registered

What do i need to send with Form T

Post by spike2009 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:48 pm

im applying on form T section 1(4) as my son was born in england and has never been abroad, he has an Italian mother and i have full custody of him. He has never had a passport and has never been abroad, but yet i have to prove he has not been abroad and that he has lived here for the 1st 10 years by sending in proof, I didnt get custody of him till he was 3, so i can get a letter of his infant/primary school that will cover him from the age of 4, but from 0 to 4 years of age im kind of stuck, will medical records be enough, i believe that will cost 50 and a large wait, can anyone tell me what i need to send which will be enough proof, apart from school letters and maybe medical im kind of stuck as i have no contact with the mother now. seems silly, if hes never had a passport how could he of left the country, i have his full birth certificate, they know he hasnt got a passport, and i have all the information the form asks for apart from proving my son has been here for the last 10 years, where do they expect my son to have gone to without a passport, can someone with experience of sending proof with form T let me know what they sent in that satisfied them please. Thank you .

spike2009
Newly Registered

Re: What do i need to send with Form T

Post by spike2009 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Sorry i forgot to mention my son is 12

spike2009
Newly Registered

Post by spike2009 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:14 pm

with the medical records, cant i just give them his medical card nhs number, they can access that themselves.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 pm

spike2009 wrote:with the medical records, cant i just give them his medical card nhs number, they can access that themselves.
No they can't.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

spike2009
Newly Registered

Post by spike2009 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Ok thanks jambo, data protection act i suppose. So do you know of what they deem acceptable proof to cover the first 4 years of his life, i would of thought that being born here (birth certificate) and not having a passport would be proof enough that he was born here and that he hasnt left the country.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:03 pm

How can you prove he didn't have a passport?
I would think that the red book would cover most of his early years. The HO are reasonable. They do understand a young child doesn't leave much of a trail of evidence.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

spike2009
Newly Registered

Post by spike2009 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:28 pm

they would no if he had a passport, he was born here so to get out of here he'd need to apply for a passport and they would have record of it, i suppose i could of got him an Italian passport so i guess i see your point, im having trouble finding the red book, i need to have a thorough search in the morning, i didnt think the red baby book would be sufficient as proof, but it does have immunisations and things in it

spike2009
Newly Registered

Form T or form Mn1

Post by spike2009 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Heres an update, I cant find the original post but this may one day help someone else, my situation was my child was born in 2001 in the uk to an italian mum and british father who wasnt mariied, my childs mum has lived here since the age of 2 without ILR or anything, his father (me) born british, and we never married. All illegitimate children born in the uk after 1983 and before 2006 have to take the mothers nationality. I have full custody of my son and wanted to make him english not Italian. i could not get any advice from the ukba or home office has to use form T section1(4) or form Mn1 3(1), in the end i downloaded both forms and completed them both and then took them to the local national checking service who then phoned the home office to find out what form to use. as it turned out you have to use form Mn1 under section 1(4) with a lot of support content added as form Mn1 shouldn't really be used under section 1(4) hope this helps someone. He could of used form T, but it would of given my son a lower tier of citizenship, so was advised to use the above.

AZi
Newly Registered

Re: Help Me please Form MN1 or Form T

Post by AZi » Mon May 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks ever so much for your reply, but not sure why I can't register my son under form T as he is 15 and lived here all his life.
If I have to fill in form MN1, can I also send form T, so this time they can't refuse it.
As first time they said we had to have residency permit at the time he was born.
Also we went on holiday many times during these years.
Please please help me.
I am so confused, and I need to sort his passport before he is 16.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 pm

AZi wrote:Thanks ever so much for your reply, but not sure why I can't register my son under form T as he is 15 and lived here all his life.
If I have to fill in form MN1, can I also send form T, so this time they can't refuse it.
As first time they said we had to have residency permit at the time he was born.
Please please help me.
Many thanks
Kindly continue in your existing topic where you are already receiving advice instead of tagging onto another members post, it is considered rude and creates confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AZi
Newly Registered

Post by AZi » Mon May 08, 2017 1:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
AZi wrote:Thanks ever so much for your reply, but not sure why I can't register my son under form T as he is 15 and lived here all his life.
Please please help me.
Many thanks
Kindly continue in your existing topic where you are already receiving advice instead of tagging onto another members post, it is considered rude and creates confusion.

I am sorry that you teply to me this way, I didn't mean to be rude I have registered last night and not sure how to send you messages here.
I also even didn't know that I am tagging into someone else message.
I am sorry for a such a poor approach. I was just knew here, that was all.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 08, 2017 1:47 pm

You'll find 'New Topic' at the top left hand side of the main page.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 pm

AZi wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Please please help me.
Many thanks

I am sorry that you teply to me this way, I didn't mean to be rude I have registered last night and not sure how to send you messages here.
I also even didn't know that I am tagging into someone else message.
I am sorry for a such a poor approach. I was just knew here, that was all.
You already have a topic that you started, link below. Please continue there.

british-citizenship/forfeited-or-held-t ... l#p1482581
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.