ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Simple question please?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stuckhelp
Newly Registered

Simple question please?

Post by Stuckhelp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi folks,

I am born in the UK and my wife is Serbian.

My wife and I were married last year in Serbia, she is now in the UK with me on a family visitors visa (valid for 6 months).

Can she apply for the wife visa while she is on her visitors visa here in the UK or does she have to go back and do it?

Also do I as a UK resident require a Certificate of No Impediment for my wife's new visa?

The UK visa sites are terrible for information, does anyone know the cost of this visa in Serbia and the UK as we have had different amounts for this. Worldbridge said one cost and the UK website says another.

Thanks for any replies :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Simple question please?

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:11 pm

You cannot switch from a visitor visa to a spouse visa within the UK. She will have to go back to Serbia and apply for entry clearance on VAF4A and you will have to meet the finanical requirements of £18,600 per annum salary, unless you are on certain benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Stuckhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Stuckhelp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:13 pm

CR001 wrote:You cannot switch from a visitor visa to a spouse visa within the UK. She will have to go back to Serbia and apply for entry clearance on VAF4A and you will have to meet the finanical requirements of £18,600 per annum salary, unless you are on certain benefits.
Thank you for the answer much appreciated :)

The salary is not a problem.

Do I also need the Certificate of No Impediment?

Do you know the cost please?

Cheers!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:26 pm

No, there is no need for the certificate of impediment.

All the info is listed in the UKBA link below :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Stuckhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Stuckhelp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:54 pm

CR001 wrote:No, there is no need for the certificate of impediment.

All the info is listed in the UKBA link below :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

Thank you but to be quite frank the site sucks donkey balls and I have written them an email already stating that. Even as an Englishmen it is impossible to find the correct information on it. It is why I have come here for clean precise information. If they had made a website that was usable by ordinary folk you wouldn't have much of a forum :)

Thanks for the link but I have spent many hours on it trying to find all these answers and many more, something they should redesign in a much simpler format. God knows how foreign people try and use that to get information lol

Thank for your answers :)

Do you happen to know the cost please? Worldbridge in Serbia said 300 euros and the website (when we finally found something) says a totally different figure?

What are the stages of the visa cost wise? Does she get a visa for 33 months which costs 300 euros then another visa for another 33 months and then she can apply for settlement or how does it work? None of this is answered on the website :)

Cheers

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 pm

300 euros is incorrect by miles! Current fee for a spouse is 1064 euros: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
I would say with exchanges rates fluctuating by the hour, ensure you have atleast £900 in your account to pay for the application.

Once the initial visa is granted it will be valid for 33 months. She will then need to apply for further leave to remain (FLR) which will be for 30 months. Once she has completed 5 years in total and still meet the requirements as a spouse she will be eligible to apply for indefinate leave to remain (ILR)/settlement.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:28 pm

....and she will have to pay a visa fee at each stage.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Stuckhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Stuckhelp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Casa wrote:....and she will have to pay a visa fee at each stage.
Thank you so much for your answers now it makes sense :)