ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent to ILR Dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ani_UK
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent to ILR Dependent

Post by Ani_UK » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 (General) Visa which is due to expire in January 2015. I will be eligible for ILR in December 2014 under the Tier 1 General 5 year route.
I will be getting married in March 2014 and my wife will be applying for Tier 1 dependent visa from India. She will be entering in the UK for the first time.

I understand as per the ILR rules, my wife will not be able to apply as ILR dependent in December 2014 as she would not have lived with me as a dependent and married spouse for 2 years by then.

So my queries are:
- What are her visa options when I apply for ILR in December 2014? I assume she can't apply as an ILR dependent with me
- If not ILR dependent then under what visa category can she apply and for how long will that be valid.

I would really appreciate your advise.

Regards
Ani

vinny

Re: Tier 1 Dependent to ILR Dependent

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.