ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help and advice please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afridi24

help and advice please

Post by afridi24 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 pm

I want some advice please
Our first baby is due in May , so I want to apply for my mum to help and look after baby .I applied for eea2 in August 13 , recently we had interview in Liverpool on 16 January,hopefully I will get decision this week next week .so if my wife wana sponser my mum for six months then which supportind duccuments we need ?? Many thanks in advance.

wiggsy

Re: help and advice please

Post by wiggsy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:28 am

is your mother dependant on you or your spouse? (EEA national or?)
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:40 am

I send her money every month but I want her just to come for few months to look after baby .I mean if we get letter from gp etc ....my mum is old style one , she like to stay in home country lol .we just want her to come and help in our first baby ...so can she apply for extanded family member or visitor..I mean I have to send bank statement stuff from here ..

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:55 am

Apply for the eea fp as mother is financially dependant . This can be proved with bank statements
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:56 am

As far as I understand, there are two ways:
(1) Either you can prove that she is dependent on you and/or your wife (relies on you to fulfill her essential needs), and then you apply for her for Family Permit via EEA root, as a direct dependent ascendant; no need to show anything except dependency and family relationship (no letters from GP, etc)
(2) Or you cannot prove that she is your dependent, in which case she should apply for visitor visa. In this case I would not recommend saying that she is coming to help with a baby, as technically this is work, and she is not allowed to work on visitor visa. I am not even sure you should mention the baby (and if you do, talk about emotional support, being with the family, etc., but not about physical helping)
By the way, in our experience (as a family of two working parents with 3 kids), you need grandparents to come when the mother returns to work after maternity leave; and even if she does not and stays at home - the best time to come for help is usually not immediately, but after 3-4 months (especially if it is a paternal grandparent..)