ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentations for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leechouchou
Newly Registered

Documentations for Naturalisation

Post by leechouchou » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi folks,

I am just wondering that if I need to ask my current employer to provide a letter as the evidence of my residence in the UK.

I will provide following document:
1. passport
2. bank statement - past three months
3. P60 - past tax year
4. Life in the UK test certificate (issued in 2011)
5. CAE test certificate (acquired in 2008)

I find, while applying for British citizenship, it does not seem to require so many documents as applying for ILR or work permit? Does it mean, the UKBA have good track records of my previous application and documents, so I do not need to give them piles of files anymore?

I am wondering if anyone could let me know any additional documents that I need to provide?

Many thanks

Just Wondering

Re: Documentations for Naturalisation

Post by Just Wondering » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:21 am

The documents required for citizenship is significantly less than ILR/work permit. I applied pre-October 2013, and rocked up to NCS with passports, Life in UK certificate, application, payment slip and P60. They told me they didn't need the P60 and gave it back to me.

With ILR, I had about an inch thing bundle of documents. However, the requirements are different for WP/ILR - they are looking not only that you have sponsorship, but also the financial means to support yourself. It's not that they have good records, but that if the "point" of WP/ILR and citizenship are different. There is little difference between someone with ILR and a British citizen.

leechouchou
Newly Registered

Post by leechouchou » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:25 am

Thanks a lot, Just Wondering.

And I'm just wondering :) what they want to know about me from my referees? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:09 am

leechouchou wrote:Thanks a lot, Just Wondering.

And I'm just wondering :) what they want to know about me from my referees? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
They normally don't contact referees, but if they do, they can ask anything which would be relevant to your application e.g. verify they were referees for you, how long they've known you, etc.

leechouchou
Newly Registered

Post by leechouchou » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:19 am

Thanks Just wondering.

it sounds like they don't contact the referees unless they have to or the case is very serious or suspicious.