ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick Question - Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Quick Question - Please help

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:42 am

Dear viewers,

I do have query regarding my nationalization application. My case details are given below

15-Mar-2008 : Got Tier-1
21-Feb-2013: Got ILR (Based on five years)

(Outside UK trip – Pakistan for family visit)

Leave UK: 23-Feb-2009
Return to UK: 27-Mar-2009

Now my nationalization application is due on or after 22-Feb-2014 (One year after ILR visa) . However, the AN form guide saying on page number 8

Please note: You should also check that you were physically present in the UK 5 years (3 years if you are married to or in civil partnership with a British citizen) before the date that the application will be received by the Home Office or other receiving authority (see page 17 “Where to send your application form”). If you do not meet this requirement your application is unlikely to be successful.

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf

As I was away between 23-Feb-2009 and 27-Mar-2009 (Exact five years ago) from UK can I eligible for my nationalization application on 22-Feb-2014? Or Should I wait until 27-March-2014 to meet this criteria?
I would appreciate if someone could reply this in detail.

Thanks in advance.
Rubina

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Quick Question - Please help

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 am

If you were not physically present exactly 5 years ago to the day that UKBA receives your application, it will be refused.

To be on the safe side and not risk losing the fee, apply after 27 March or early April (fees go up on 6th April though). It is only just over an extra month to wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Re: Quick Question - Please help

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:49 pm

CR001 wrote:If you were not physically present exactly 5 years ago to the day that UKBA receives your application, it will be refused.

To be on the safe side and not risk losing the fee, apply after 27 March or early April (fees go up on 6th April though). It is only just over an extra month to wait.

Thanks CR001 - I got the below reply from UKBA.

Dear Rubina,

As stated, you should have been physically present in the UK 5 years prior to the application. I would therefore suggest you wait until the 27th March however, please note that as the onus is upon the individual to ensure that he/she satisfies the requirements set out in the guidance material that accompanies each and every application form, the Nationality Group is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being correctly submitted and being given full and careful consideration. Therefore, you are advised to read through the guide prior to submitting a future application.

Kind regards,

Fayth Barber | Customer Service Advisor
UK Visas & Immigration | Home Office | Nationality Helpdesk | Customer Contact Centre | PO Box 3468 |Sheffield | S3 8WA
www.gov.uk/home-office
Accredited to the Customer Service Excellence standard