ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship Process update

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbie1978
Newly Registered

citizenship Process update

Post by newbie1978 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Dears

i got this reply on email applied on October 2013
Please, any comment about this answer?
I got my permanent residency last month. Do I have to update them with my new status or is not necessary?

“Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalization, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minster for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a decision on their application without delay. As well as being a significant event in the life of the recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process. “

Thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: citizenship Process update

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 pm

You should send them the colour copy of your new permanent residence card along a cover letter stating your application reference number and person ID through the registered post. Otherwise they will ask you for that at some stage and your application will be at the back of the queue again.

newbie1978
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1978 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks CalvinKlien for your answer. Do i have to send them a certify copy of the GNIB Card?

I've received a letter on November 2013 that state my application is in the 2 Stage of processing. I thought after the First stage they don't ask for more documents.

Please, Advice?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Well, they can and will ask you for the copy of new residence card if the existing copy of your visa is expired that you have submitted. Just send them the colour copy of your GNIB card, certify copy is not needed. Make sure you send them via the registered post.

newbie1978
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1978 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Thank you for your valuable advice. all the best

newbie1978
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1978 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:05 am

I called today the Citizenship Division Helpline. They told me that they are waiting for external reports agency.
What's does this mean?

Is it Garda report? or other agencies?

Thank you for advice.