ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need passport back from DOJ

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zsk_747
Ireland

Need passport back from DOJ

Post by zsk_747 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi There,
I applied for the retention of residency rights 5 weeks ago......Could anyone tell me please that how long DOJ will take to bring my documents back and i know decision will be made within 6 months but i need my passport back because i am going to my country for few weeks and its an emergency.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Need passport back from DOJ

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:42 am

Hi zsk_747

you can write a letter to EU Treaty Rights explaining that you need your passport back and they will send it to you. Use the registered post for that and they might ask you for more docs to submit, If i am not mistaken you have applied for the retention of your residence card ?

While you are going back to your home country you better ask someone to keep an eye on your post, as it will upset the guys in DOJ if you do not reply them or submit the further documents that are requested.

P.S: i tried to reply to your PM but ur private messaging in not enabled so that's why couldn't get back to you.

Good Luck