ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Form Filling

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Haze77

Online Form Filling

Post by Haze77 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:16 am

Hi,

This is for a settlement Visa for a wife to come over from Pakistan.

I am filling in the new online form on the home office website here:

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/User/Home

I have a query about one question. Obviously the husband is the sponsor and It has seperate sections for husband's details and sponsor's details which I have completed.

In the sponsor's details there is a selection box which is asking how the sponsor is related to the applicant. This has no option for husband, the only relevant option seems to be other relative. Am I doing this correctly or is it a mistake on the form?

Many Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Haze77 wrote:Hi,

Does the husband (sponsor) need to be working here in the UK for at least 6 months before the wife can apply from Pakistan for entry clearance to join the husband in the UK?

Will it be ok if the husband has a full time permanent job since July 2013?

Many Thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:25 pm

On the form indicate the sponsor - other then type Spouse in the box.

If you've been salaried employment in the UK for at least 6 months and meet the financial requirement per annum then it's a Cat A application.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Haze77

Post by Haze77 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:05 am

Hi,

Many Thanks forr your reply.

Could you please explain what is a Cat A application?

Also what if the sponsor has been working for less than 6 months, Can the application still be made? How will this application be different?

Many Thanks

Haze77

Post by Haze77 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 am

Hi,

I managed to find information regarding category A and category B applications and we would have to apply under category B.

But my question is now that under a category B application, do you have to have earned the minumum income for the past 12 months or is it that if your current stated gross annual salary meets the minimum income then you can apply even though during the past 12 months you have not earned the required income since not been working during the full past 12 months?

Many Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:06 pm

For Cat B, two tests:

1. you have actually earned the amount prescribed in the last 12 months and 2. your annual salary meets or exceeds the prescribed amount. For Cat A, you do not have to have actually earned the prescribed amount in the last 12 months.

Haze77

Post by Haze77 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Amber_ wrote:For Cat B, two tests:

1. you have actually earned the amount prescribed in the last 12 months and 2. your annual salary meets or exceeds the prescribed amount. For Cat A, you do not have to have actually earned the prescribed amount in the last 12 months.

Hi,

Just trying to get this clear. Sorry for asking again.

For Cat B, do both tests have to be met or is it ok if just 1 of the 2 test meets the requirement?

Many Thanks

oace

Re: Online Form Filling

Post by oace » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi haze77,

What did you select in the Sponsor Details section when it asks 'What is their relationship to you'?

I'm on ILR in the UK and my wife is going to apply for a spousal/dependant visa from outside and needs to fill out the application form. The answer choices to above question does not list 'Husband', 'Partner' or 'Spouse' as you mentioned.

The only promising answer to this question was 'Other Relative'

What did you select here?

I also posted it here, please have a look
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... on#p984974

Regards,
Oace

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Everyone is having a problem with Sponsor's relationship with applicant question. The only option is to choose 'other relative' and in the additional information box, explain that the sponsor is either husband or wife.

oace

Post by oace » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 am

Thanks Michali for the confirmation.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Actually is it OK to put husband or wife or should it be spouse....or does it matter which?