ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

solitaire77
Newly Registered

Travel to UK

Post by solitaire77 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 am

Hi All,

I would like to travel to UK to renew my passport. I have EUFAM3 residence. Do you need to have a visa? or traveling with my wife is enough?

Please, Can you share your experience regarding this?

Dubin 8
Newly Registered

Re: Travel to UK

Post by Dubin 8 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi solitaire77,

The answer unfortunately is No as uk & Ireland are not include in Schengen Area, they have different rules & regulation regarding to the boarding port. In your case you need an entry clearance stamp in your passport by British embassy in Dublin as you are spouse of EU citizen, is free of charge if you are traveling with your wife, if not you need a visa & there is fees for that, however most of time there are no immigration checking at the immigration boarder & some airline like ear Lingus or British air ways they don’t really seek for visa on your pasport they just look for any ID, but remember there are always risk if you get cut , the immigration officer can arrest you by entering the state illegal, so the best & safest way is to get your entry clearance or visa.

Best luck
solitaire77 wrote:Hi All,

I would like to travel to UK to renew my passport. I have EUFAM3 residence. Do you need to have a visa? or traveling with my wife is enough?

Please, Can you share your experience regarding this?

solitaire77
Newly Registered

Re: Travel to UK

Post by solitaire77 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Dublin 8,

Thank you for the clear answer :)

All the best