ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending Proof of CSI Payments - a Requirement?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siroc
Australia

Sending Proof of CSI Payments - a Requirement?

Post by siroc » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi there,

Having perused some earlier posts on this forum, I came across one case whereby an EEA2 application was refused partly on the basis that the EEA sponsor (student) provided no information that they continued to hold CSI in the UK as no bank statements confirming the continued payment of the insurance policy had been submitted. See here

This concerns me as I have also applied under the same route (my EEA national wife is a student). I took out a CSI policy for both my wife and I a week before I sent off my application, so have only supplied the UKBA with the original policy documentation.

However in light of the aforementioned case, should I be worried? Do I need to send bank statements confirming these monthly CSI payments?

As part of the required financial evidence, we submitted a declaration signed by my wife along with my original EEA2 application. The declaration included a line specifically stating that it covered for "shared financial commitments, including insurance."

Is this likely to be sufficent? I would rather not send unnecessary financial information.

bil123
- thin ice -

Re: Sending Proof of CSI Payments - a Requirement?

Post by bil123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 am

Hi,
what I did then was I sent the letter from aviva saying payments are up to date and nothing to pay ...my bank statement was not very gud so i was kinda not sure whether to send it or not so I came up with an idea to get a letter from AViva confirming my all payments.

Hope it help.

bil

siroc
Australia

Post by siroc » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi,

I considered doing the same, thanks.

Did you reapply in the end? If so, how long until your RC was issued? Did you send a different financial declaration signed by your wife? It must be infuriating to receive a refusal based on their clear violation of the legislation....

Also, can I ask how much you pay per month with Aviva to cover both of you? We have a CSI policy with them as well. :)

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi,

I went for appeal and was refused then finally allowed from upper tribunal.Yes I did submit the declaration with some addition of more words nothing else.I m paying 12 pounds per month for my wife insurance I have cancelled mine because if a Eu national is a student just He/she needs csi not the family member.

bil

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Usually on buying the private medical insurance the insurance provider send a letter regarding payment plan along with policy documents. Therefore, if you have not got/sent that one then along with a covering letter you can sent them that sort of letter (if you got now) or bank statement showing its regular payment to avoid any silly reason of refusal.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ecogle
inactive

Post by ecogle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:20 pm

bil123 wrote:Hi,

I went for appeal and was refused then finally allowed from upper tribunal.Yes I did submit the declaration with some addition of more words nothing else.I m paying 12 pounds per month for my wife insurance I have cancelled mine because if a Eu national is a student just He/she needs csi not the family member.

bil
which health insurance provider did you got your CSI?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 pm

£12 i think it's WPA
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021