ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test Name error (first and last name swapped)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Exquisit33

Life in the UK test Name error (first and last name swapped)

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi there,

My husband passed the Life in the UK test, however when receiving certificate he realised that his First name and surname were swapped over, which we didnt realise when booking the test.

The test centre said there is nothing they could so as that is how it was booked.. now what really surprises me is that they checked it against his photographic driving license and also did not pick up on this. This is also his second attempt they on both occasions failed to pick up. (My hubby and I didnt realise when booking too, its a genuine error)

I spoke to homeoffice and the lady said she cant advise as she is not the caseworker.. now I am really stressed, I dont want to get him to sit the test again as it is a minor glitch.

Does anyone know what I can do to rectify this error..????
Anyone with similar experiences?

Many thanks in advance

exquist33
Allah is the greatest!

Apam

Re: Life in the UK test Name error (first and last name swap

Post by Apam » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:28 pm

1. This may really not be an issue because the pass result shows your husband's date of birth and current address. Hence an additional proof that the pass certificate belongs to him. Just add a note to explain this error.
2. Otherwise send ukba an email and keep their response as evidence should they say the name swap is not an issue.
Hope this helps

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:45 am

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to get a letter from the test centre explaining the name swap. Do you think I should still contact UKBA and also write a covering letter?
Allah is the greatest!

Apam

Post by Apam » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:06 pm

For your peace of mind, probably send them an email.
Or guys, any ideas?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:25 pm

Generally , test centre makes a note regarding these errors and sends it to HO with result. Ask centre , if they had sent the note to HO. If yes , then you don't have to do anything.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:39 pm

Test centre said its a normal procedure if details don't match up they inform HO rightaway..

Another thing is I applied for child tax credits and put hubby's details down too as it has to e joint claim. However we were not awarded anything the award notice showed £0.00 due to income. Although we didn't receive anything we still applied and gave them our income etc. they said end of tax year they will review to see if we received correct amount Etc. Now I'm looking at ILR application form.. It's asking did you get public funds.. Listed is child tax credit and child benefit (hubby is subject to immigration control) what should I write for this?
Allah is the greatest!

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Let me tell you my experience,
I had same problem names swaped, Test centre informed HO electronically, I had no issues getting my ILR.

You can find this I have posted my ILR experience if you search by my screen name.

By the way how did you manage to get letter from Test centre? They simply will not write letter and will not show you what they wrote to HO electronically either

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:34 pm

cruzez wrote:Let me tell you my experience,
I had same problem names swaped, Test centre informed HO electronically, I had no issues getting my ILR.

You can find this I have posted my ILR experience if you search by my screen name.

By the way how did you manage to get letter from Test centre? They simply will not write letter and will not show you what they wrote to HO electronically either
Did you write a covering letter yourself at all?
Allah is the greatest!

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:04 pm

No, on test letter, I put sticky note and mentioned the error and also mentioned that Test Centre have electronically provided details about error and confirmed my identity.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:20 pm

Cruzez did you make the error when you booked online? Our error was made when I booked my husbands test.
Allah is the greatest!

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:59 pm

I don't know. They told me my names don't match and also gave me a bit of lecture to be careful while filling out details online.
But as I said, they told not an issue.

arnie365

Post by arnie365 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Apam wrote:For your peace of mind, probably send them an email.
Or guys, any ideas?
Hi- What is the email ID for UKBA if you have figured it out?
rgds,
Arnie