ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitted visa4uk App, concern I've filled Part 3 wrong :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s4aox
Newly Registered

Submitted visa4uk App, concern I've filled Part 3 wrong :(

Post by s4aox » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:10 am

Please see attachment,

On the visa4uk site, My wife the applicant applied under settlement>settlement>Wife.

Under Part 3>Family Details
Spouse/Partner

Questions 42-46, we read these as questions about the Applicant, so we filled them in with my wife's (the applicants) details. Were the questions directed at the Partner i.e me the husband?

how can i correct these? Is it better to get refund and resubmit?
Attachments
application.JPG
application.JPG (211.54 KiB) Viewed 4492 times

prayforus
Member of Standing

Re: Submitted visa4uk App, concern I've filled Part 3 wrong

Post by prayforus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:29 am

These are about you (the partner/sponsor). If you have filled it in wrong then you could try notify them about it and give your details in the email sent. If they do not accept that, then you will have to resubmit the application, losing your application fee.

If you have not submitted the application, then you should be ok. Re-do the application form.

s4aox
Newly Registered

Post by s4aox » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:32 am

I have submitted online, i cant redo im afraid. Do you think its best to get a refund and just process a new application and pay again? The refund will take 20 days so the money will just come back in to my account.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:36 am

Yes, if you can get a refund then do so. When it's talking about the applicant partner/spouse that is (you the sponsor). That's how my spouse filled it with my details.

s4aox
Newly Registered

Post by s4aox » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:50 am

Thank you, any other pitfalls in the application on visa4uk that i should look out for? I noticed a questions that said how is the sponsor related to you, and there is no option to choose husband/wife? we chose other/relative and in the notes at the back spwcified that im the husband.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:16 pm

I made a few errors on my husband's form and I just corrected it on the print out before he submitted the hard copy at the biometrics appointment.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi ok I'm a little confused about this myself someone told me on part 3 family details it should be filled out about the applicant and not the sponsor & here have read that it should be filled about the sponsor......so which one is right?

Please reply need this info going to apply soon.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:18 pm

The details on part 3 family details should be about the applicant not the sponsor.

magsrevs
Newly Registered

Post by magsrevs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi Shoonoo,
We are in a similar situation to you, confused by the online VAF4A application process.
Can you please confirm that Part 3 is about the applicant and NOT the sponsor?
How did you find this out?...We're getting lots of mixed messages!
Thanks so much
:)

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:33 pm

magsrevs wrote:Hi Shoonoo,
We are in a similar situation to you, confused by the online VAF4A application process.
Can you please confirm that Part 3 is about the applicant and NOT the sponsor?
How did you find this out?...We're getting lots of mixed messages!
Thanks so much
:)
Hi magsrevs I know they need to simplify the application form, part 3 is defiantly about the applicant because if you see further down on the application form they ask about the "sponsor details" abit further down on the form.
You need appendix 2 download & print that aswell & make photocopies of that aswell one for you to keep & one for submitting application.
Good luck :)

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:09 pm

We have filled out part three as the Spouse or Partner (me who is sponsor) details as indicated by the heading at the top of that section. I agree it is confusing but why would they head it like that if the applicant is to include their details there?

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:42 pm

michali wrote:We have filled out part three as the Spouse or Partner (me who is sponsor) details as indicated by the heading at the top of that section. I agree it is confusing but why would they head it like that if the applicant is to include their details there?
Hi michali I don't know I had asked this question to "batleykhan" he had told me part 3 is for the applicant & the sponsor bit is on "sponsor details".
They just try & make the form very confusing which they shouldn't.
I was quite confused on this aas had seen many views of people about this but when you look on left hand side it says "sponsor details" so that is where you are meant to put your details in & put applicants details in "family details" in part 3 have a look through again took me a good few times to realize lol.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Difficult to decide but I am sticking to using applicant's spouse/ partner's details under the section named Family Details. As previously noted, if it is wrong, information can be changed on the print out. My husband is the applicant, I am the spouse so we put my details there and then continued with his other family details like father, mother etc. On the VAF4 form the family details were in a different order so it was a bit clearer. Father and mother's details came first, then the spouse/ partner.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 pm

michali wrote:Difficult to decide but I am sticking to using applicant's spouse/ partner's details under the section named Family Details. As previously noted, if it is wrong, information can be changed on the print out. My husband is the applicant, I am the spouse so we put my details there and then continued with his other family details like father, mother etc. On the VAF4 form the family details were in a different order so it was a bit clearer. Father and mother's details came first, then the spouse/ partner.

I got it wrong your right its meant to be like this.
In family details section it say spouse/partner.....in here you complete UK sponsors details.,but further down where it ask about mother and father info.....that is the applicant parent in Pakistan ....and tehn it goes on for children

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:39 am

I've just made the same mistake. put the applicants name and submitted it a couple of hours ago.

What shall i do?
How did you all get around it did you correct it on the printout or cancelled the whole application?