ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa on a civil partnership?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thisisme86
Newly Registered

Dependent visa on a civil partnership?

Post by thisisme86 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi all,

I am a non UK/EU national (Indian National). I am in relationship with a Danish girl. We decide to get married next year. But for now, would it be possible for me to get a dependent visa if me and her declare a civil partnership? I assume I qualify to work for any employer in UK based on the dependent visa. Is this correct?

If yes, please guide us on the procedure and the documentation required and how long does it take.

Thanks,

This is me.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent visa on a civil partnership?

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Are you also female? Are you living in the UK?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

thisisme86
Newly Registered

Post by thisisme86 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi,

No I am a man, me and her both are living in the UK.

Is the rule different if I were a female? Just curious to know,

Thanks,

Thisisme

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:11 pm

You said civil partnership, in the UK that is for same sex couples. Although, the draconian rules are to be changed allowing equality of marriage in Spring 2014.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 pm

You probably meant durable relationship (akin to a marriage). The HO would expect you to have lived together for at least 2 years and/or prove the relationship is akin to a marriage (children, joint financial etc).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

thisisme86
Newly Registered

Post by thisisme86 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:38 am

Thanks for the reply guys... much appreciated.

It is strange to see same gender marriage is legal in UK but the civil relationship is not treated the same... its really confusing.

Disclaimer: I donot have any personal opinion about same gender marriage. My comment is intended only to highlight the inconsistency.

This is me.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:36 pm

thisisme86 wrote:Thanks for the reply guys... much appreciated.

It is strange to see same gender marriage is legal in UK but the civil relationship is not treated the same... its really confusing.

Disclaimer: I donot have any personal opinion about same gender marriage. My comment is intended only to highlight the inconsistency.

This is me.

Heterosexual couples have the option to get married, and same sex couples can enter into a civil partnership. However, both heterosexual and same sex couples that are neither married or in a civil partnership have to proof a durable relationship akin to marriage. I can't see the inconsistency you are trying to highlight.

thisisme86
Newly Registered

European National - Dependent visa

Post by thisisme86 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:30 am

Hi all,

I (Indian) and my 3 years girlfriend (Danish national) are going to be married soon. I want to know how can I apply for dependent visa (dependent on her). I am working in UK, I am just thinking it will be easier to me to get a better job if I have a dependent visa.

Thanks,

Thisisme