ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have to include my Dependents on my EC application ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keviv
Newly Registered

Do I have to include my Dependents on my EC application ?

Post by keviv » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi,

I got my HSMP approval 2 months ago and I am getting ready to apply for EC.
I am married with a 4 year old son. My son is going to to preschool and I want my wife and child to remain here until I get fully settled (with a job and apartment) in the UK. I realize this may take some time , maybe 6 months or more.

What I want to know is the following:
Do I have to apply for EC for my wife and son right away (along with my application) , or can I do this after 6-8 months ?

The reason is: After they get their EC they will have to be in UK within the next 3 months (or atleast the ILR clock will start ticking) , so it is desirable to delay this until they are ready to come to the UK.

Does anybody here have any experience of the latter ? [i.e. Dependents appied separately for EC months later after the primary applicant got his EC]

Your responses are highly appreciated.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:32 am

There have been cases when EC applications have been denied merely on the ground that the EC application for the dependents was not filed with the main application as the caseworker was not satisfied about the applicants intention of making UK as his main home!! However, I also know of a person who successfully got EC without applying for his dependents (He was called for an interview and explained that he intends to take his family after 2 months). So going by the latter example, if you mention it very clearly in the cover letter, chances are that you wont be disqualified (but it amounts to taking a risk)

Secondly, even if you apply for your dependent's EC right now and they join you later or if you apply later for them, the time implication would be the same - no ?

regards,

push_hsmp