ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport re-issue application: Indian High Commission London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theroyale

Passport re-issue application: Indian High Commission London

Post by theroyale » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am

Hi all,

I don't have any blank pages left on my Indian passport so need to apply for a new one. Has anyone done this at the Indian High Commission in London? What has been your experience? How long does the whole process take?

Thanks in advance.

Ramana66

Post by Ramana66 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 am

I have done recently for the same reason (pages exhausted in my passport though it has another three years validity). However, I have done it at CGI, Birmingham.

If it still got validity (or expired less than 1 year ago) you can send all relevant documents (will list at the end of message) together with the original passport and the Visa/Biometric Card by post. However, I did by personally visiting and it took 15 days to get it back. I applied on 12th Nove and I got my old and new passport on 28th back from CGI (posted on 27th). The process is simple and I paid £69 for a 60 page jumbo passport. It is cheaper for normal passport.

Documents required together with the application form:
1. Current passport with Visa
2. Biometric Card (if you have one)
3. Address proof for UK (I gave Driving Licence -both counter part and licence card). Any bill with your name or bank statement also okay.
4. Address proof for India (If you do not want to change the address, then they can use the address on your current passport).
5. Photographs - 4nos.
6. Self addresed Special Delivery enevelope to post your new and old passport.

Photocopies of items 1 -4 (for passport first 4 and last four pages).

You can down load the application form in PDF format from the website and use the form for new passport applications.

They will check and return all the original documents (Except the current passport).

Let me know if you need any details.

Cheers,

Ramana

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:58 am

Hello,

Happy to say that I received my new passport in the post yesterday. It took 6 weeks from date of submission. I did NOT have to go to HCI London either to submit or to receive my application. The rules on this are very contradictorily worded on the HCI website. Note that I live outside the London area.

Also can report that they were extremely prompt in responding to my queries on status update by email.

rajb1
Newly Registered

Re: Passport re-issue application: Indian High Commission Lo

Post by rajb1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:52 am

Hi guys,
I applied for a new passport on the 13.12.2013 via post with a talkal service (extra £100) and it's been 8 weeks but haven't received my passport yet. Every time I email them they say “The new passport is not ready. The application is still being processed.
We are still waiting for the passport booklet to come from India. They will be sent in batches(and not individually per applicant) from India by courier. Sorry, we cannot guarantee any specific collection dates/time frames as the passports are coming printed from India.” I am not sure what's happening now as I have started doubting that it might be lost in post. Would you suggest me going in person to HCI? If so what time would you recommend morning or evening and is there any enquiry counter there.
Many thanks..

scbhuman
Newly Registered

Post by scbhuman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:44 am

I am planning to get my passport re-issues as it is about to expire soon. I would like to Change India Address in my passport. I would like to know if I need to show them Original address proof or does photo copy do with my signature on it ?
Please suggest. Thanks

tier2_cts

Post by tier2_cts » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:58 am

Hi All,

My passport will expire soon. I am planning to applying for re-issue of passport in a week or 2.
I request you all to help me out to complete the application form.

1. Application for Indian passport: I am applying for re-issue of passport since my current passport is getting expired. I got married recently hence I don’t have my spouse name, I want to add my spouse in the new passport. So should I have to tick both Re-issue of passport and Miscellaneous Service options?
2. Question No: 7 – Full name of father – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name? Please note, my current passport has only first name.
3. Question No: 8 – Full name of mother – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name? Please note, my current passport has only first name.
4. Question No: 14 – Full name of spouse – Should I have to write down first name + surname or just first name?
5. Question No: 26 – Details of the service required (If applying for misc. service) : Should I have write down “addition of spouse name”?

Also could you please let me know if the below documents are sufficient enough?

1. Current passport
2. Original BRP card
3. Photocopies of passport first page , last page and expired visa pages (self-attested)
4. Photocopy of BRP card (self- attested)
5. Special delivery cover
6. 4 photos
7. Fee
8. Original Marriage certificate (Self-attested)
9. Spouse original passport ---------- Do I need this?
10. Original spouse BRP card
11. Photocopies of spouse passport first page , last page and expired visa pages (self-attested)
12. Photocopy of spouse BRP card (self- attested)

Please note : I am not going to change my permanent address. Going to apply for re-issue of new passport as my current passport is getting expired and add my spouse name in my new passport.

Thanks.

jasatwal
Newly Registered

Post by jasatwal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:34 pm

The royale please can you give us a time frame when u sent it a and when u actually received it thanks.