ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Extended Family Question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pemsrp
Newly Registered

EEA Extended Family Question

Post by pemsrp » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Hello Guys

Married to EEA Citizen on 2008 and I non EEA Citizen, currently hold 5 year Family Resident Permit. Was wondering if some on can help. I am thinking to invite my Parents as extended EEA Family. They are completely depended on me and I have got all evidence.

Have some has similar experience.

el patron
Member of Standing

Re: EEA Extended Family Question

Post by el patron » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:55 am

If you have evidence that they are completely dependant (or indeed evenly mainly), then the application to make is for them to enter as (direct) family members and not 'extended' family members. The decision maker for the latter type of application is exercising a discretion and has greater scope with respect to reasons for refusal.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:52 pm

UKBA says:
---
If you are an EEA or Swiss national, your non-EEA family members who have the right of residence in the UK are:
your husband, wife or civil partner;
your children or grandchildren (or the children or grandchildren of your husband, wife or civil partner) who are under 21 years of age or are dependent on you; and
the parents or grandparents of you and your husband, wife or civil partner, if they are dependent on you.
(If you are a student, only your husband, wife, or civil partner and dependent children have a right of residence.)
---
So parents of a wife of EEA citizen are direct family members, and the only thing you need to prove is that they are dependent on you.

pemsrp
Newly Registered

Post by pemsrp » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Many thanks for your suggestion. I was on impression that my parents will be classed as extended EU Family Member. I will give it a go. We are planning to go home and will actually try when we are there.