ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:35 pm

Thats great mate, goodluck
arashmg wrote:Spatacus,

Many thanks for your reply. I called UKBA the other day and was told to just write down the dates in the form without sending any tickets etc.

Spatacus wrote:
arashmg wrote:Hi all,

I am going to apply for my ILR next week and was wondering if you could help on an issue; I have travelled to a non-english speaking country twice during the past 10 years and the entry/exit stamps are in Arabic alphabet (different calendar). I have my e-tickets for both occasion to support the dates. Would this be ok? or do I need to translate those dates?

Many thanks

Hello arashmg,
i would advise you to submit your e-tickets together with your application to prove to the CW the actual dates you traveled out of the country, although if your out-of-country absences does not exceed the required days stipulated on the guidance then you are fine. I do not think you are required to translate the dates .

Hope this helps.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:40 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:Hi Gurus, Moderators and well wishers..

Its been best door for Immigration advices and very soon will be applying for LR.

My entry clearance was on Oct 2003 & Im eligible to apply since Oct 2013, But had to apply now. Can you please advice on below.

SAR report :My SEGS visa expiry was 19/12/2007 and I applied for Tier 2 on 19/12/2007 and refused with stamp dated 14/02/2008 on passport(I remember reading Removal note, not sure),But applied student visa before refusal 23/01/2008 without passport by referring Tier2 application and approved.

One solicitor was saying: Due to the fact Tier 2 refused and though passport returned dated 14/02/2008, my GAP starts from 19/12/2007 and as student visa applied on 23/01/2008 (before refusal) ,its slightly more than 28 days. Which isn't convincing :?

3)Is this considered as illegal GAP, though my passport is in HO and lodged new application before refusal?
4)Does it effect LR application?

Apologies for long story. Its my Life guys.. Please advice which will boost and can apply more confidently.

Many thanks,
Irfan
Hello irfan,
To answer your questions, the refusal on your Tier 2 dated 14/02/2008 on your passport and for the fact that you sent your application on the same day it was expiring which is on 19/12/2007 might be considered to be illegal by HO.
According to HO policy you are meant to have submitted your renewal before 19/12/2007, logically if you sent out your renewal Tier 2 application on 19/12/2007, there is no way HO would have received it on the same day, so basically they must have received it say may be on the 20/12/2007 which is late application.
Your solicitor was right about your illegal days in the UK, however it is obvious from your statement that your Student Visa application was made on 23/01/2008 after your refusal letter and hopefully the removal notice.
Am just wondering why you have not applied for your 10 years ILR since you qualified on Oct 2013, CAN U EXPLAIN WHY??, however there is no harm in applying now for your 10 year ILR as you might just be lucky your application would be processed by a caseworker with a good heart who might just overlook your illegal days (GAP) in your immigration history.
Hope this Helps
Hi Spatacus,

Much appreciate your time. I did applied few days ago, but on my SAR file they received on same (Expiry) day ,Which sounds like its safe inshallah.

I was an false allegation during Aug - DEC 2013 and waited for case withdrawl, don't wanna select conviction bits. Thats the reason had to wait till today.

Can you PM,if you got any sample covering letter please? would be greatfull..

Cheers,
Irfan.
Hello irfan, there are some sample letters on this forum if you search for it, i think people have used sample letters and posted it here on this forum. do some digging bro and you will find it.
cheers
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

babaji
Newly Registered

Post by babaji » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:14 am

HI, COULD ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON ADJOURNED THE APPEAL AND HOW LONG TRIBUNAL IS TAKING TO ISSUE NEW HEARING DATE.AND WHAT WILL BE THE NEXT EXPECTING DATE OF HEARING . I would really appreciate of your comments.Thanks

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:18 am

One of my friend received ILR yesterday who applied 16 th September

esmsi 06/09/2013

mus8890teo
Newly Registered

Post by mus8890teo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 am

Hello folks,
Hope everyone is doing well. I have a query in relation to SAR information access and exit dates from the UK.

I got my SAR information recently. They only provided me with visa application forms and some information about the first entry to the UK, as well as copies of my visas. Even though I ticked that I wanted all my data, I did not receive nearly half the information they have (no landing cards, or the police registration certificate). The reason why I wanted all the UKBA information is so that I can complete 6 missing exit dates from the UK - I don't know precisely the date when I left, but roughly know the month and these travel dates are 7-9 years ago. Plus, in my country there is no entry stamp for its own nationals, and back then there were no e-tickets. I was genuinely hoping that receiving my SAR would help me with those 6 dates.

How does one clarify dates that they cannot remember? Is there a way to contact the UKBA for this information and ask for help. It is rather problematic that the UK does not register exit in any form in passenger's passport :(

Please help, I'd be grateful to receive some information on this.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 am

Got ILR in peo on 3 feb 2014 today I got my brp
ss

jawadrox
Newly Registered

Post by jawadrox » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 am

Hi Guys,

How many days does it take when the application is assigned to a case worker? I have just been told that my application is with a case worker however a decision is still pending.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mustakim
Newly Registered

Post by Mustakim » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:35 am

Spatacus wrote:
Mustakim wrote:Hi everyone

I have applied in may and still havent heard anything from HO.
Fingers crossed, you should have received your ILR by now? Any update?
Hi spatacus

Still havent heard anyyhing

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:37 am

Does any one know home office fax number where i can fax my long residence ilr to expedite the case. Its urgent please.

Ali1975

Wife FLR (M) visa transitional arrangement

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:02 am

Dear Gurus and Fellows,

I am trying to get advice about my my wife's FLR (M) and grateful if some one on this board share experiences and gurus shed some light on this topic, your help and advice is much appreciated.

My wife came in this country in March 2008 as a dependent of Fresh talent visa and then in January 2009 she extended her visa as a dependent of Tier 4. In November 2010 she switched to Tier 1 G main applicant and I became her dependent. Now I have completed 10 years and applied for SET(LR).

What happen if my wife apply for FLR(M) after I get my ILR? Can she combine her previous fresh talent and PBS Tier 4 dependent leaves with new FLR(M) leave under the Part 8 transitional route to qualify for settlement or she have to complete 5 years for settlement?

Regards

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 am

Today I call Liverpool this number 0151 672 5626. Option 1 then option 2. Person who attend my call ask my ref, nationality and d.o.b then he says your application still in our office for consideration. Also says as you applied on 17 September 2013 hopefully you will get it by the end if this month. I explain him regarding my health issue to expedite my case he says then you need to send a letter with all relevant docs by 1st class mail then department will see what to do. I am going to send letter today. Finger crossed :)

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 am

Hi everyone,
I received my ILR on Saturday 1st feb but still haven't received my BRP - I'm quite worried. I know it states in the approval letter to wait for 10 days but most people receive same day or next day max. What's the longest duration someone has encountered from ILR delivery to BRP delivery? Thanks!

CKP

Post by CKP » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Badman87 wrote:Hi everyone,
I received my ILR on Saturday 1st feb but still haven't received my BRP - I'm quite worried. I know it states in the approval letter to wait for 10 days but most people receive same day or next day max. What's the longest duration someone has encountered from ILR delivery to BRP delivery? Thanks!
You will get brp eventually. Stop worrying now. enjoy your freedom.

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:42 pm

BRP always comes 5-7 days after ILR. For a few who got it one or two days later are ones where their ILR got delayed thanks to Royal Mail.

HO says 10 days for BRP after ILR for a reason. They just don't pull that number out of thin air. BRP also gets delivered by special delivery DX so it has really less chances of getting lost.

But if the worse does happen and it does not arrive in 10 days, just ring them and ask for another one. Don't see what is to worry here. I didn't get my Biometric letter for 6 weeks. I rang them up and two days letter got another one. Worrying doesn't really get anyone anywhere. Stay calm and enjoy the freedom ;)

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi everyone,
Just received a letter from DX saying I missed the delivery. Phew! I'll reschedule delivery now. Thanks everyone!

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi tnt,

Thank you very much for given details and sorry for late reply.
Just I got two more doubts on SET(M) application that you said, only filled in maintenance for section 7B but I can't find section 7B when I open SET(M) application.
And my wife had came to UK in Nov,2011. Does she come under the old rules applied?
Much appreciate if you reply to this.

Thanks...
tnt2429 wrote:Hi,

I applied for my wife straight to SET(M) without being asked to switch to FLR(M) first like SWSS case. Hence only paid £1426 through online appoinment booking. The appointment went so smooth and without any questions. Guess it was a very lucky day for us. On the SET(M) form we only filled in maintenance for section 7B which does not requires £18,600 salary as my wife came to UK in 2011 (the old rules applied).

Regarding SET(M) supporting documents, we submitted:
1. Marriage certificate
2. Life in the UK test
3. PET English test result and certificate (to demonstrate B1 level)
4. 6 cohabitation documents
5. 4months payslips + bank statements to prove payslip payments.
That's all we submitted together with the application form (+ photos + passports).

I hope this helps.

tnt2429
suryavaddi wrote:Hi

Congratulation.....!
Could you let us know which supporting documents you submitted along with SET(M) application for your spouse.
Did she write English language test (Speaking and Listening)?
please give full details if any other documents you submitted for your spouse to get Indefinite.

Thank you very much for sharing of your experience.

tnt2429 wrote:Dear all,
I would like to share my success stories regarding my SET(LR) and my Mrs' SET(M) in PEO recently. First i wanr to send my greatthanks to this forum and my special thanks to the Moderators, Gurusand fellow members for their helpful discussions and tips.

SET(LR) - 7yrs student + 3yrs Tier 2(G)
Application sent: 04/09/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 06/09/2013
Biometric letter received: 20/09/2013
Biometric letter enrolled: 28/09/2013
Approval letter received: 29/01/2014 (dated: 25/01/2014)
BRP card received: 30/01/2014

I then booked premium service at Sheffield for my wife for SET(M). Followed advices from the Gurus in this forum we prepared two forms SET(M) and FLR(M).
SET(M) - 3yrs Tier 2 Dependant since 01/2011.
Appointment date: 03/02/2014
Apponment time: 9:50am
We handed in the SET(M) form but told the officer that we were unsure which forms is suitable in our case and hence we prepared FLR(M) form with us in case. She told us the case worker would let us know later whether SET(M) would be accepted.
At 11:30am we received our documents and passports back with the approval letter for SET(M) with no questions or queries.

I hope this information would help others. Please update my record to the SkyDrive.

Best of luck who are still or going to apply.
Surya

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Just received a letter from DX saying I missed the delivery. Phew! I'll reschedule delivery now. Thanks everyone!
Many congratulations. When did you apply?

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:45 pm

jawadrox wrote:Hi Guys,

How many days does it take when the application is assigned to a case worker? I have just been told that my application is with a case worker however a decision is still pending.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
I dont think anyone can answer that I am afraid, it depends on the complexity of your individual case, and/or the experience of the case worker dealing with it.

The fact that it is assigned to a caseworker is promising, hopefully you wont have much longer to wait.

All the best!

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

mus8890teo
Newly Registered

Post by mus8890teo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Can someone please help me on my query below?
Thanks.

mus8890teo wrote:Hello folks,
Hope everyone is doing well. I have a query in relation to SAR information access and exit dates from the UK.

I got my SAR information recently. They only provided me with visa application forms and some information about the first entry to the UK, as well as copies of my visas. Even though I ticked that I wanted all my data, I did not receive nearly half the information they have (no landing cards, or the police registration certificate). The reason why I wanted all the UKBA information is so that I can complete 6 missing exit dates from the UK - I don't know precisely the date when I left, but roughly know the month and these travel dates are 7-9 years ago. Plus, in my country there is no entry stamp for its own nationals, and back then there were no e-tickets. I was genuinely hoping that receiving my SAR would help me with those 6 dates.

How does one clarify dates that they cannot remember? Is there a way to contact the UKBA for this information and ask for help. It is rather problematic that the UK does not register exit in any form in passenger's passport :(

Please help, I'd be grateful to receive some information on this.

faisal270
Newly Registered

Post by faisal270 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:23 pm

hI,

I wish to ask from seniors on this forum some questions.

- I have applied ILR on ten yrs basis and expecting to get within this month (Applied 29th Sep,2013)

- Can I apply SET(M) for my spouse who is here since 2005 and currently holds enterprenuer visa?
- Can I apply British PP's for my three kids who are born here and currently on PBS dependant visa ? One of my friend is of the view, If kids hold dependent visa, they have to go through ILR route.. .not sure

Please advise in light of your experience.

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello Experts and Gurus
Need to pick your Brains...

I applied for Set LR in oct2013 awaiting for results meanwhile when shall I apply for my wife indefinite she is on dependant visa tier 1, she has been here only 6 months in the Uk.

What documentation, form to apply and when to apply?

Please do let me know as I start prepRing from now.

Thank you

derrick
Newly Registered

Post by derrick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:38 pm

A question to everyone who has got their Biometric card back after getting their ILR approved.

Is it normal to have a VALID UNTIL date? Mine has a valid until date on 31/01/2024, even though under type of permit it says 'SETTLEMENT' and under REMARKS it says ' INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN'.

Thanks, and again good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

aye-elle-arr
Newly Registered

Post by aye-elle-arr » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Dear ALL,

I have received my ILR today. My application was sent on the 16th September, so that is 21 weeks.

Since I applied via a solicitor, I have received both acknowledgement letter and biometric card at the same time. Please can someone update the skydrive for me?

Thank you all for your support and good luck to everyone still waiting.

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:57 pm

derrick wrote:A question to everyone who has got their Biometric card back after getting their ILR approved.

Is it normal to have a VALID UNTIL date? Mine has a valid until date on 31/01/2024, even though under type of permit it says 'SETTLEMENT' and under REMARKS it says ' INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN'.

Thanks, and again good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Hi Derrick, this is normal, your ILR has to be renewed every 10 years.. however this will not be an issue as I suspect the majority of us will apply for citizenship after 12 months anyway, so do not worry :)

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Wife FLR (M) visa transitional arrangement

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 pm

she can apply for settlement after flr (M) so did i .u can read my story here if u search my name sswsz.

Ali1975 wrote:Dear Gurus and Fellows,

I am trying to get advice about my my wife's FLR (M) and grateful if some one on this board share experiences and gurus shed some light on this topic, your help and advice is much appreciated.

My wife came in this country in March 2008 as a dependent of Fresh talent visa and then in January 2009 she extended her visa as a dependent of Tier 4. In November 2010 she switched to Tier 1 G main applicant and I became her dependent. Now I have completed 10 years and applied for SET(LR).

What happen if my wife apply for FLR(M) after I get my ILR? Can she combine her previous fresh talent and PBS Tier 4 dependent leaves with new FLR(M) leave under the Part 8 transitional route to qualify for settlement or she have to complete 5 years for settlement?

Regards
ss