ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Advice from all member

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nadeem toheed

Required Advice from all member

Post by nadeem toheed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Q_ When can i apply ILR for my spouse? please, as different advice from immigration solicitors (according to his advice, i can apply now)

Dear Home Office
Could you please clarify one thing for me?
I got ILR under ten years long residency in June 2013 and my wife came very first time in UK in March 2006 as a student dependent. Now we got spouse visa on 02nd September, 2013 for 02 years (Pre July rules, probationary 02 years periods).
The question is, my spouse had spent approximately 06 years as a student dependent (from March, 2006 to June, 2012) and 15 months on Tier 1 (PSW dependent).
When she can apply for ILR? Immediately or still need for 09 months more?
Thanks for your help

(Home Office replied)

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your email dated 3 September 2013. Your enquiry has been forwarded to Home Office Public Enquiries because it is not a policy enquiry.
Please be advised that your dependant spouse would need to complete two years in the UK and can amalgamate her PBS leave together with any time spent under FLR(M) to make up the two years before applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR). Based on the information you have provided, if she has completed 15 months as the dependant of a Post Study Work migrant, she would need to complete an additional 9 months in the spouse category to achieve the required 24 months qualifying period for ILR. Time spent as a dependant of a student cannot be included.

For more information, please visit the Home Office website at:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... -8-app-fm/

Yours faithfully,
Edward Henry
UK Visa & Immigration

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Required Advice from all member

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:13 pm

just add psw visa time with your flr(M) visa granted time if its 2 years then you can apply anytime from now onward s
ss