ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2

Post by Zee ali » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:58 pm

Hello members
Just have few question if someone can give me the answers please

1.Can my wife switch her visa from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 general or Tier 2 MOR in country????
2. Can i switch from Tier 4 general to Tier 2 dependent in country?????
3. Our 2 children born in uk currently on tier 4 dependent visa expiring may 14. If we don't include them in our tier 2 application (as dependent fees is rising and we have no travel plan). Can our children live here without visa (Born in uk)??????
please advice on this
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

smodi
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2

Post by smodi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:11 pm

1.Can my wife switch her visa from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 general or Tier 2 MOR in country????
-Yes she can change from Tier 4 dependant to tier 2 general from within UK

-NO

3. Our 2 children born in uk currently on tier 4 dependent visa expiring may 14. If we don't include them in our tier 2 application (as dependent fees is rising and we have no travel plan). Can our children live here without visa (Born in uk)??????
please advice on this
-Your children has to go to the home country as well for applying tier 2 dependant

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:01 pm

[quote="smodi"]1.Can my wife switch her visa from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 general or Tier 2 MOR in country????
-Yes she can change from Tier 4 dependant to tier 2 general from within UK

-NO

please advice on this
-Your children has to go to the home country as well for applying tier 2 dependant[/quote
@smodi
What about the rules after 1 oct 2013 where a PBS migrant can switch his or her visa in country?????

Any Guru and moderator kindly help me on this??????
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Zee ali wrote:Hello members

1.Can my wife switch her visa from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 general in country????
yes she can. She'll need a restricted CoS

yes

read Q30:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 79378.html

please advice on this

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:25 pm

manci wrote:
Zee ali wrote:Hello members

1.Can my wife switch her visa from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 general in country????
yes she can. She'll need a restricted CoS

yes

read Q30:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 79378.html

Thank you very much manci

please advice on this