ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

9 months pregnant, Is early ILR appointment possible ??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fabercastel

9 months pregnant, Is early ILR appointment possible ??

Post by fabercastel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:30 am

Hello,

I am applying for ILR in the first week of March as my tier 1 expires on 1st of April 2014. My wife who is a tier 1 Dependant is also applying with me. She is 9 months pregnant and we are wondering if we will be allowed to book our ILR appointment from Feb 15 (before march) , its just like couple of weeks, wondering if our application will be considered.

UKBA:
"Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period. If you apply earlier than that, your application
may be refused."

My initial tier 1 was granted on 1 April 2009 and I entered UK on 5 th or April 2009.

Please could you let me know when is the latest day i can book the appointment.

Will the home office allow my early application (if I book in February) because my wife is 9 months pregnant and produce a letter from midwife confirming the case. is there a UKBA telephone number where I can discuss this case. Please could you provide your valuable feedback, Thank you for your time spend on this query

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: 9 months pregnant, Is early ILR appointment possible ??

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:28 am

fabercastel wrote:Hello,

I am applying for ILR in the first week of March as my tier 1 expires on 1st of April 2014. My wife who is a tier 1 Dependant is also applying with me. She is 9 months pregnant and we are wondering if we will be allowed to book our ILR appointment from Feb 15 (before march) , its just like couple of weeks, wondering if our application will be considered.

UKBA:
"Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing the qualifying period. If you apply earlier than that, your application
may be refused."

My initial tier 1 was granted on 1 April 2009 and I entered UK on 5 th or April 2009.

Please could you let me know when is the latest day i can book the appointment.

Will the home office allow my early application (if I book in February) because my wife is 9 months pregnant and produce a letter from midwife confirming the case. is there a UKBA telephone number where I can discuss this case. Please could you provide your valuable feedback, Thank you for your time spend on this query
Why don't you go for PEO alone and once yours is granted, apply for your wife by post?
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:52 am

Its just too much hassle at the last moment. If I am applying say on 3rd march, probably I will be getting my card in a week time or even further.Then if I would have to apply for her through post which will take further couple of weeks and by that time her visa will expire and she would have just delivered the baby. We don't want to be in a situation with visa approval pending. I think its better to apply altogether in person and get the result the same day. Just finding out if there is a possibility as I could see appointments are available from Feb 15 to our nearest center, the only thing blocking us is the 28 days UKBA rule.

Please could you let me know if there is a possibility that we could get a earlier appointment because of this specific situation. Thank you

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am

fabercastel wrote:Its just too much hassle at the last moment. If I am applying say on 3rd march, probably I will be getting my card in a week time or even further.Then if I would have to apply for her through post which will take further couple of weeks and by that time her visa will expire and she would have just delivered the baby. We don't want to be in a situation with visa approval pending. I think its better to apply altogether in person and get the result the same day. Just finding out if there is a possibility as I could see appointments are available from Feb 15 to our nearest center, the only thing blocking us is the 28 days UKBA rule.

Please could you let me know if there is a possibility that we could get a earlier appointment because of this specific situation. Thank you
Unfortunately or fortunately rules are rules. I am not aware of any such flexibility but you can try your luck.

Wait for more responses from people who are more knowledgeable but i doubt you will have success if you apply before 28 days on PEO.

Best of luck.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:39 am

When did your qualifying period start?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:47 am

Qualifying period?

01/04/2009 - Tier 1 visa valid from.
05/04/2009 - Entered UK
01/04/2012 - 3 year visa comes to end

29/02/2012 - Got 2 year tier 1 extension valid from 01/04/2012 until 01/04/2014

So planning to apply for ILR in 1st week of March 2014

Because of my wife case as you have read above, wondering if I can apply early just some 2 weeks ahead, say Feb 15 onwards rather than from march 3rd.

thank you for your feedback. If you have any further questions please let me know.

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:02 pm

please could someone help me in this case. i tried looking for march appointment dates in Glasgow, but none available in whole of march. surprisingly appointments are available for February

fabercastel

NO appointment slot available - ILR application - GLASGOW !!

Post by fabercastel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Hello,

I was trying to book for an ILR appointment in the month of March in Glasgow but no dates are available. Please could someone help me as why no dates are available in Glasgow. In February dates are available but our application will be valid only if we book appointments from 4th of march (28 days UKBA rule), visa validity until 01/04/2014. But in Liverpool and Sheffield march dates are available. Since my wife is 9 months pregnant we were trying to book the nearest centre which is glasgow. Is there any specific time i need to do my search for slots or is it fully booked. I doubt its fully booked for the whole of march. thanks for your time in giving me an answer.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:37 am

In my opinion sensible step is to sort out your ILR first.
If anybody advise u here ok ok u can apply before more than 28 days (HO rules say otherwise) and u get refuse because u submit an early application than.
Think about it.
How much hassle would u face after that.

HO gives only 28 days before u can apply for ILR

This is just my opinion if i am in your position than that's what i will do.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:09 am

Thank you Ali, After no solution, i prepared to book an appointment after march 4, the problem now i am facing is no appointment slot available in entire march in Glasgow. for Feb dates are available but i ll not be eligible bcos of 28 days rule. Dont know why no slots are not available in march. my wife who is pregnant need to travel a very long way if i am booking either in Liverpool or Sheffield rather than Glasgow. let me see how it goes, thanks again. Please could someone have any idea as why no appointment slots are available, could you let me know.

MK123
United Kingdom

Re: NO appointment slot available - ILR application - GLASGO

Post by MK123 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:46 am

Appointments are released upto 42 days from todays date. Might be case all the appointments are gone as they have been released a while ago. May be you can try booking in some location available and try rescheduling later. Good luck.

kais

Post by kais » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:32 am

Hi

really surprised to see that any available in Sheffield, i have been trying so HARD to find appointment at sheffield but even it didnt show me a single from now to 20th March. Could you PLEASE tell me what time did you search when it showed up that Sheffield has appointment?

I would say KEEP trying . what i tell you dont know you will beleieve or not but i tried exact 42 days ago for PEO in Sheffield , Glasgow and solihull but even trying 4 days continuously didnt come up a single slot. I couldnt digest all went so quick (even though it CAN happen theoretically) . After reading your post I checked Sheffied and it is showing me slots available. STRANGE.!!!!

So I would say KEEP TRYING.

I hope it helps

kais

Post by kais » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:35 am

PEO sheffield is showing some slots upto March 7. It isnt showing any after that I need appointment after 14 March in Sheffied or Solihull. MAY BE these two released late appointment than others. Not sure

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:50 pm

I would imagine March is a very busy month especially as fees go up in April.

Eek! Best of luck, guys!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:58 pm

fabercastel wrote:Thank you Ali, After no solution, i prepared to book an appointment after march 4, the problem now i am facing is no appointment slot available in entire march in Glasgow. for Feb dates are available but i ll not be eligible bcos of 28 days rule. Dont know why no slots are not available in march. my wife who is pregnant need to travel a very long way if i am booking either in Liverpool or Sheffield rather than Glasgow. let me see how it goes, thanks again. Please could someone have any idea as why no appointment slots are available, could you let me know.
Apparently they r very busy..........
Keep trying to check for march slots. specially at midnight time. i got one slot like that.

Good luck

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

amanhydra
Newly Registered

Post by amanhydra » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Something I found while searching .. Try and call the number on this and hopefully you will be heard.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 2.pdf.html
1. If it is not possible to get an appointment via the website, is there any
alternative way to book a Premium appointment for ILR applications in urgent
situations where the current visa is about to expire?

There is the UKBA helpline number 0871 606 7766 and they may be able to book
appointments in emergency situations otherwise you must book online.

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Thank you amanhydra. It seems Glasgow centre released the dates pretty late and I found some dates available end of last week for the month of march and I did booked them immediately. I paid the entire amount as it gave no option to book the appointment without paying the full amount. Let me see how my ILR application goes. Thanks again