ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 pm

she can apply for settlement after 5 years per new rule but if her visa is expiring she can get spouse visa on flr(M)

Abchardik wrote:Hello Experts and Gurus
Need to pick your Brains...

I applied for Set LR in oct2013 awaiting for results meanwhile when shall I apply for my wife indefinite she is on dependant visa tier 1, she has been here only 6 months in the Uk.

What documentation, form to apply and when to apply?

Please do let me know as I start prepRing from now.

Thank you
ss

afridi786
Newly Registered

Post by afridi786 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:13 pm

[quote="SSWSZ"]If you are student then u don't have to show earnings .because students are not allowed to work so don't worry

[quote="afridi786"][quote="SSWSZ"]yes I paid for flr(M) today at the desk its price is 950 or 940 something+1420 for set(M) which is paid online when I book the appointment

[quote="vm81"]Dear SSWSZ

Thank you very much for sharing your experience... I am really sorry that you have to go through such a stressful time nearly all day... At least the ilr has been granted.

One question - did you paid fees for both sets of aid action then?

As usual your response is highly appreciated...

Thanks

V[/quote][/quote]

Congrats mate I am happy for you. At least you are you got an ILR Now. I wanted to ask you:
I have applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years students visa I am expecting this week, My wife has been here for 8 months under Tier 4 dependent, I know I need to apply for her FLR (M), I am not sure if I need to be earning at least £18,600 or I dont need to be earning that?[/quote][/quote]

Sorry to bother but, I was student for 10 years, but after SET (LR) when I receive my ILR, I will be classified as settled person, so are you sure that when my wife applied her visa through FLR (M) she does not need to fill in the minimum income threshold|? so i do not have to be earning £18,600? thanks for your replied

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:15 pm

for all your question
1..read my story on this form.u can try for set (M) like i did ,but on the day of peo appointment i have to first pay for flr and then got set(M) approval same day
2.we never apply for our kids(born in uk) they are on tier 1 dependent visa we apply for their citizenship straight away so your friend is wrong if yours kids are uk born.

faisal270 wrote:hI,

I wish to ask from seniors on this forum some questions.

- I have applied ILR on ten yrs basis and expecting to get within this month (Applied 29th Sep,2013)

- Can I apply SET(M) for my spouse who is here since 2005 and currently holds enterprenuer visa?
- Can I apply British PP's for my three kids who are born here and currently on PBS dependant visa ? One of my friend is of the view, If kids hold dependent visa, they have to go through ILR route.. .not sure

Please advise in light of your experience.
ss

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:54 pm

I sent six september.
One of my friend got today Ilr and brp.
He applied one month after me.
fahmeeda52 wrote:fahmeeda52 wrote:
Hi
I came to the UK in 2003 on student visa, covert to PSW visa, now I am on HSMP visa and living in uk from 10 years. So on 4th September 2013, I applied for ILR on 10 years basis. Do you have any idea, how long it will take?

Details:

Application sent: 4/09/13
Ackowledgement & Biometric received : 20/10/2013
Biometric enrolled: 24/09/13
Now waiting: Documents & ILR

It is upto 5 months. Could anyone please suggest me, what I have to do now?

ZEBRA

Post by ZEBRA » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:14 pm

Finally, waiting is over. :)
I couldn't edit skydrive now.
Can someone please update the skydrive.
Applicant: (Zebra's Wife)
Application sent: 19 Sep 2013
ILR Approved: 01 Feb 2014
PP and BRP received: 05 Feb 2014

Good Luck Everyone.
Thanks

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Dear Gurus/well wishers.

It was great advices from this board guys.

Finally Inshallah I will be applying SET(LR) on Friday 07/02/14.

My Case is 3 years student + 1 yr SEGS + 1 years Student + 2 Years PSW + 5 years Tier1 until Jun 2016. Pretty much straight forward, No Illegal Gaps and holidays < 90/year and 300 days in 10 years.

Docs List are:

1) All Passports including Visas & BRP.
2) Life in UK Certificate.
3)original UK MSC degree for English Knowledge. Hope UK degree is Enough as ESOL requirement and Do I need to send Original?
4)Intended to provide Travel Ticket last entered in UK?? Not sure :?
5)Covering Letter.

Do I need/add any thing ? Please Advise would be grateful.

You guys supporting a lot through this board and always good support stays helpful as well.. . :D

I will be Keep updating..

Good Luck to every one & Myself.

Cheers,
Irfan.
Last edited by rmkirfan on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Helloo,

got my Biomatrics done now watching the clock....tick toc...tick toc....

Application Sent: 17/01/2014
Payment Taken out : 21/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter: 24/01/2014
Biometrics letter received: 03/02/2014
Biometrics enrolled:05/02/2014
Approval:

Please update Sky drive...
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:24 pm

meb4ne1 wrote:
Badman87 wrote:Hi everyone,
I received my ILR on Saturday 1st feb but still haven't received my BRP - I'm quite worried. I know it states in the approval letter to wait for 10 days but most people receive same day or next day max. What's the longest duration someone has encountered from ILR delivery to BRP delivery? Thanks!
BRP always comes 5-7 days after ILR. For a few who got it one or two days later are ones where their ILR got delayed thanks to Royal Mail.

HO says 10 days for BRP after ILR for a reason. They just don't pull that number out of thin air. BRP also gets delivered by special delivery DX so it has really less chances of getting lost.

But if the worse does happen and it does not arrive in 10 days, just ring them and ask for another one. Don't see what is to worry here. I didn't get my Biometric letter for 6 weeks. I rang them up and two days letter got another one. Worrying doesn't really get anyone anywhere. Stay calm and enjoy the freedom ;)

Good advise, people worry too much, even after approval you are still worried...if i were you, i will ring HO after 10days but not to start worrying before 10days.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Mustakim wrote:
Spatacus wrote:
Mustakim wrote:Hi everyone

I have applied in may and still havent heard anything from HO.
Fingers crossed, you should have received your ILR by now? Any update?
Hi spatacus

Still havent heard anyyhing
Keep positive mustakim you will eventually get it. remain calm and just go about your business i know it is easier said than done but i guarantee you that it must surely come.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

SKV
Newly Registered

Post by SKV » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:48 pm

Hello everyone.

My timeline:

Application sent 17/09/2013
Biometric: 08/10/2013
Approval letter and passport: 04/02/2014
BRP: 05/02/2014

Good luck everyone

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Congrate and pray for us
SKV wrote:Hello everyone.

My timeline:

Application sent 17/09/2013
Biometric: 08/10/2013
Approval letter and passport: 04/02/2014
BRP: 05/02/2014

Good luck everyone

Ali1975

Wife FLR (M) visa transitional arrangement

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Dear SSWSZ, thank you for your reply, I searched your previous posts and still not get whole story. I give you some more info, actually my wife is currently on Tier 1 General extension main visa holder , from march 2008 (her first entry to UK) to november 2010 I was the main applicant and she was my dependent and then from November 2010 to up till now she is main applicant and I was her dependent.
I am trying to establish if she now switched to FLR(M) , does she comes under old rules (2 years) for settlement or new rules (5 Years)?

Dear Faisal270, does your wife hold main applicant entrepreneur visa?
if this is true then we have the same situation, please keep in touch so we can sort out this together.
For your kids , I am 100% sure as they are british born , you can apply direct to nationality using MN1 form after you get ILR.
thanks
[/

SSWSZ wrote:for all your question
1..read my story on this form.u can try for set (M) like i did ,but on the day of peo appointment i have to first pay for flr and then got set(M) approval same day
2.we never apply for our kids(born in uk) they are on tier 1 dependent visa we apply for their citizenship straight away so your friend is wrong if yours kids are uk born.

- I have applied ILR on ten yrs basis and expecting to get within this month (Applied 29th Sep,2013)

- Can I apply SET(M) for my spouse who is here since 2005 and currently holds enterprenuer visa?
- Can I apply British PP's for my three kids who are born here and currently on PBS dependant visa ? One of my friend is of the view, If kids hold dependent visa, they have to go through ILR route.. .not sure

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Wife FLR (M) visa transitional arrangement

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:36 pm

aww that's confusing /wait for senior members reply.i was dependent through out so don't know .but I guess she came under new rule .the reason is she is changing visa category to dependent post july 2012 so she might come under new rules.

my story little bit history husband got indefinite on LR .I myself dependent from 2006 till 3 feb.2014... 2006- 2012 student dependent .feb 2012 to feb 2014 psw dependent but to our surprise our case worker (peo APP on 3 feb 2014)told us that I am now becoming settled person dependent so new rules apply on me but thanks to allah I have ho mail which clearly says that I fall under old rules and I can apply for indefinite so then they gave me indefinite .

Ali1975 wrote:Dear SSWSZ, thank you for your reply, I searched your previous posts and still not get whole story. I give you some more info, actually my wife is currently on Tier 1 General extension main visa holder , from march 2008 (her first entry to UK) to november 2010 I was the main applicant and she was my dependent and then from November 2010 to up till now she is main applicant and I was her dependent.
I am trying to establish if she now switched to FLR(M) , does she comes under old rules (2 years) for settlement or new rules (5 Years)?

Dear Faisal270, does your wife hold main applicant entrepreneur visa?
if this is true then we have the same situation, please keep in touch so we can sort out this together.
For your kids , I am 100% sure as they are british born , you can apply direct to nationality using MN1 form after you get ILR.
thanks
[/

SSWSZ wrote:for all your question

ss

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:04 am

Waiting from first week of September

Badman87

Post by Badman87 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:46 am

Spatacus wrote:
meb4ne1 wrote:
Badman87 wrote:Hi everyone,
I received my ILR on Saturday 1st feb but still haven't received my BRP - I'm quite worried. I know it states in the approval letter to wait for 10 days but most people receive same day or next day max. What's the longest duration someone has encountered from ILR delivery to BRP delivery? Thanks!
BRP always comes 5-7 days after ILR. For a few who got it one or two days later are ones where their ILR got delayed thanks to Royal Mail.

HO says 10 days for BRP after ILR for a reason. They just don't pull that number out of thin air. BRP also gets delivered by special delivery DX so it has really less chances of getting lost.

But if the worse does happen and it does not arrive in 10 days, just ring them and ask for another one. Don't see what is to worry here. I didn't get my Biometric letter for 6 weeks. I rang them up and two days letter got another one. Worrying doesn't really get anyone anywhere. Stay calm and enjoy the freedom ;)

Good advise, people worry too much, even after approval you are still worried...if i were you, i will ring HO after 10days but not to start worrying before 10days.
I just received it. Thanks!

tnt2429
Newly Registered

Post by tnt2429 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:07 am

Hi,

My apology for mentioning section 7B as it refers to FLR(M) form. You requires to fill in section 8 in SET(M) form. Old rule applies to your wife as she came to UK before 2012, meaning that only "adequate maintenance" is required.

The link below explains what it means by "adequate maintenance":
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Hope this helps.

[quote="suryavaddi"]Hi tnt,

Thank you very much for given details and sorry for late reply.
Just I got two more doubts on SET(M) application that you said, only filled in maintenance for section 7B but I can't find section 7B when I open SET(M) application.
And my wife had came to UK in Nov,2011. Does she come under the old rules applied?
Much appreciate if you reply to this.

Thanks...

quote]

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 am

Hi tnt,

Thanks for given reply and full details then you spent your valuable time. Anyway let you know that I've received SET(LR) - Long Residence approval today morning.

Thanks......!
tnt2429 wrote:Hi,

My apology for mentioning section 7B as it refers to FLR(M) form. You requires to fill in section 8 in SET(M) form. Old rule applies to your wife as she came to UK before 2012, meaning that only "adequate maintenance" is required.

The link below explains what it means by "adequate maintenance":
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Hope this helps.

suryavaddi wrote:Hi tnt,

Thank you very much for given details and sorry for late reply.
Just I got two more doubts on SET(M) application that you said, only filled in maintenance for section 7B but I can't find section 7B when I open SET(M) application.
And my wife had came to UK in Nov,2011. Does she come under the old rules applied?
Much appreciate if you reply to this.

Thanks...

quote]
Surya

suryavaddi

Post by suryavaddi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 am

Dear All,

This is to inform you all that I've received my SET(LR) - Indefinite leave to remain approval today morning. I will update full details when I reach home today evening.

This forum is very helpful and saved money without solicitor.

Thanks
Surya

britbanker

Post by britbanker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 am

ZEBRA wrote:Finally, waiting is over. :)

Good Luck Everyone.
Thanks
Congratulations! We applied on the same date! I havent received mine yet.. I hope I get it soon.

Enjoy your freedom and all the best for the future :)

Nik
Application sent: 19/09/2013
Biometrics: 21/10/2013
Approval Letter + Docs: 18/02/2014
BRP Received: 19/02/2014
Duration: 4.833 months
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 am

Well guys I got a pleasant surprise yesterday when I got home! My Approval letter has arrived! I had a mini-heart attack looking for a visa on my passport and thinking HO forgot to put it in. After a bit of panicking I realised that I'm used to old visas but now a days, its the BRP :P

It was fun waiting with you guys and I hope your wait ends soon!

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:24 am

ZEBRA wrote:Finally, waiting is over. :)

Good Luck Everyone.
Thanks

Congrat to Zebra .....

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:27 am

meb4ne1 wrote:Well guys I got a pleasant surprise yesterday when I got home! My Approval letter has arrived! I had a mini-heart attack looking for a visa on my passport and thinking HO forgot to put it in. After a bit of panicking I realised that I'm used to old visas but now a days, its the BRP :P

It was fun waiting with you guys and I hope your wait ends soon!

Congrat !

so wat is your time line bro ?

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 am

congratulations Meb4ne1. I applied on the same day as you but still waiting for mine! I am very happy for you.

Please could you tell if your approval letter and documents came by recorded delivery? was it by Royal mail? did you have to sign to receive your docs?
Thank you

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:22 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:Congrat !

so wat is your time line bro ?
Application Sent: 20/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 30/09/2013
Biometrics letter received: 19/11/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 20/11/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): ** Forgot to check, was panicking too much **
Passport/Approval Letter Received: 05/02/2014
Biometric Card Received: TBC

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3)
Life in the UK Test Result
Pervins wrote:congratulations Meb4ne1. I applied on the same day as you but still waiting for mine! I am very happy for you.

Please could you tell if your approval letter and documents came by recorded delivery? was it by Royal mail? did you have to sign to receive your docs?
Thank you
It was Special Delivery and they needed signing to hand it over. Yours will arrive soon as well. I think they are on it now :mrgreen:

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Thank you, hoping for the best!