ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement for dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smb24
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement for dependent

Post by smb24 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:57 am

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR shortly for myself and my dependent wife.

I have previously proved my English language requirement as part of my initial Tier One application and so need not prove this by taking the test again.

My wife has a degree that was taught in English in India but it is not recognised by points based calculator on the UKBA website ( 0 points are awarded for the degree). So, I applied for a Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC and have received it. This letter states that this degree is comparable to a Bachelor's degree in the UK.

Could someone please confirm if this Statement of Comparability is enough or would she need to take the test?

Many Thanks,
SMB

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: English Language Requirement for dependent

Post by smartkhan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:07 am

This question has been answered many times. Please try searching the forum before you post the same question again.

You'll need letter of medium of instruction from the university as well that clearly states that all the courses were taught in English.

Good Luck

smb24
Newly Registered

Post by smb24 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I think it is too late now to get the letter from the university.

The final transcript (original) states at the bottom that the medium of Instruction was English. Would this suffice?

Thanks.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:59 am

smb24 wrote:The final transcript (original) states at the bottom that the medium of Instruction was English. Would this suffice?
That'll be fine.