ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Delivery Issue - Any Advice?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

BRP Delivery Issue - Any Advice?

Post by vanillaskies » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:14 am

I had my appointment on 29th January and my ILR was approved on the day. I was told it will be delivered to me within the next 7 business days. I was asked if I want it delivered to my home address, which was already on the application and I said I prefer to have it delivered to my work address to get someone to sign for it.

I hadn't heard anything since so I called the dx yesterday who told me that there was a delivery that went out to my home address on 30th January but the client (UKBA) requested it to be returned and they don't have any other deliveries for me.

My questions are:
- Can the BRP be issued on the very next day? Wouldn't that be too soon or does it happen?
- Maybe UKBA asked for it to be returned because they realized it went out to the wrong address. But why is it taking so long to re-deliver it to my work address?
- I emailed BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with the details of the issue and haven't heard back. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance!

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

Re: BRP Delivery Issue - Any Advice?

Post by vanillaskies » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Any answers will be appreciated :)

vanillaskies
Newly Registered

Re: BRP Delivery Issue - Any Advice?

Post by vanillaskies » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:37 pm

Update:

My email has just been answered as follows:

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). This has been passed to the caseworker who should contact you directly.

You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received the BRP.

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Thank you

BRP Delivery Team"

Standard I think, not sure what to get out of it... Will have to wait...