ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tuberculosis test in US for UK dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hemathapa2012
Newly Registered

Tuberculosis test in US for UK dependent visa

Post by Hemathapa2012 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi, I am an Indian passport holder and currently living in US under H1B(working visa).

My husband is also an indian passport holder and is living in UK. I am planning to apply for UK dependent visa from US. Is that okay?

One of the requirements for the dependent visa is tuberculosis certificate. But I didnt see the list of test centers approved by uk border agency. Where should I get tested?

I would really appreciate it if someone can answer these questions.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:45 pm

It's the location rather than the nationality that matters. Applications made in India are subject to TB testing. So, a US Citizen living in in India who is applying to live in the UK would have to supply a test certificate. An Indians living in the US, where testing is not required, would not need to provide a TB cert.

Hemathapa2012
Newly Registered

Post by Hemathapa2012 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks a lot.

pmehta
Newly Registered

Re: Tuberculosis test in US for UK dependent visa

Post by pmehta » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:22 am

Hi Hema,

I am applying for my Tier 2 and Tier 2 dependant visa for my wife and kid. I am currently in the US and will be applying here. Me and my wife are Indian nationals while my kid is a US citizen. Were you successful with your application without the TB screening.

Thanks a lot,
Piyush

Hemathapa2012
Newly Registered

Post by Hemathapa2012 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 am

Hi Piyush,

Yes I did get my dependent visa without the TB test and am currently in UK. But I do want to add that the immigration officer in the airport asked for the TB test report as I have an Indian passport. I explained to her that I have been living in the States and couldn't find any TB test centre. I had to go through the health centre in the Airport and after explaining my situation was allowed to enter the country but they asked me to get a TB test in UK and that's what I did.

Hope it helps.
-Hema

pmehta
Newly Registered

Post by pmehta » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:45 pm

Thank you for your response Hema.

Do you think it will be useful to get the Quantiferon-Test done here in the US. Me and my wife are both vaccinated, so will typically test positive on the skin test. Will they accept a Quantiferon test for immigration at the airport from an unauthorized center in the US?

Piyush

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:14 pm

That is a helpful post Hema. We are applying for a spousal visa but my husband's passport is also from a TB listed country. He has not lived there for over thirty years but it seems he may be asked to visit the health centre at the airport. Good to be prepared. In fact, in 1998 when we entered, he had to get an X-ray at the airport too, even though his country of birth was not at that time listed for TB testing. It is unfortunate that not all countries have an authorized TB testing facility so one could go well prepared.