ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise pls

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkles
Newly Registered

Advise pls

Post by sparkles » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:29 pm

I need some advise with regards to a friend of mine who is separated from her husband and got her ILR indepedent of him. They have been separated for 4 years and she won't apply for naturalisation as She doesn't know what options to tick either married or single/never been married as they have not spoken or seen each other in 4 years, she doesn't know his whereabout since the split. She doesn't have an address for him. She got her PR 2years ago. Your input would be appreciated.

Just Wondering

Re: Advise pls

Post by Just Wondering » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:10 am

Are they legally separated? If so, she should tick "legally separated".

If they have not formalized anything then they are still married so she should tick "married".

If she's not applying for naturalisation through being a spouse of a British citizen, then she should just fill in as much as she can, and explain on page 15 that they have been living separately for 4 years, she doesn't not know his whereabouts, and clarify she's applying on the basis of residence in the UK.

sparkles
Newly Registered

Re: Advise pls

Post by sparkles » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Thank you for the swift reply. I will tell her to leave the address bit blank and explain the situation on page 15 just as you said. Thanks again