ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Drink Driving Conviction, then acquittal, What about history

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SelectMe

Drink Driving Conviction, then acquittal, What about history

Post by SelectMe » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi guys,
Please help me on this one.
in 2007, I was arrested for suspicion of drink driving, was charged, went to district court judge, due to lack of evidence(well, he could give another hearing,but no, why? it's story of another day!), convicted me and ordered standard 2 years driving ban and fine. I made the appeal in Circuit Court and, this judge found me Not guilty and acquitted me. hence my conviction was overturned.It was in Jan 2008,

Later that year, I got record about me from garda system and it states "no conviction" and there is no mention of arrest or conviction. Since then I never came adverse of Gardai and I have clean record. I dnt drive!

Now, I want to apply for naturalization and I am very confused regarding what to write in text box, 'do you have any conviction arrests etc'. I have to write 'convicted'. then I wondering, as my Garda report, it states nothing about arrest, conviction or Acquittal. Should I say No to all questions. or should I tell the whole story?
Please help..
and what chances are of approval?

Thanks a million..

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Drink Driving Conviction, then acquittal, What about his

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:05 am

Say "NO". ur conviction was turned down. in the eyes of law u never committed the crime. if you say "YES", it will be a long story to tell. So, big "NO" to conviction and Good Luck

teeraesmith
Newly Registered

Post by teeraesmith » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:21 am

Now that explains why I have been put on hold for 2yrs and 2months for citizenship approval. I don't think am going to bother them no more. Am grateful to GOD and Ireland at least for granting my children irish citizenship through birth so that's enough for me. I will carry on with life as usual in ireland. My case too was overturned in court but I was being honest to explain it to them only to made suffer for 2yrs 2months. I don't even know what they are saying now. Just one story today another tomorrow. I wish those who got theirs the very best. You can beat them and you can't fight them! Just letting it rest!

SelectMe

Post by SelectMe » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:25 am

Hi
@Calvin , Thanks for clarifying.