ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refused - need a few pointers

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wardlisting24
inactive

visa refused - need a few pointers

Post by Wardlisting24 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:31 am

Hi as all know i had applied for the ent visa in nov 2013, got interviewed in jan 2014, and received my refusal letter on 5/2/14

refusal based on three grounds : the viabilty and credibilty of the source of money referred to; the viabilty and credibilty of business plan and market research; and the applicant's previous business experience (or lack thereof)

anyway long story short, this seems like a dead end. i want to put an appeal in order buy time and get myself ready to move, as i had a settled life here and have to sort somethings out which can't be done in a day. my question is, can i put an appeal in (as it says within 10 working days) and then in a month withdraw and leave. or do i have to stick till the end of tribunal?

also cause they've not returned any documents, for personal reasons i need a photocopy of passport (id purposes), i have lost my copy for personal record - so while appeal application is underway, can i contact homeoffice to send me a photocopy version of my passport - and if it's possible then who do i contact?

now i'd appreciate if someone can come with some pointers, and i'd appreciate if they're are no nastiness to it. not i happy state of mind as you can imagine.

Thanks all.

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Re: visa refused - need a few pointers

Post by tanvir1985th » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:45 am

sorry to hear about yr refusal. if u eventually really want to leave keeping the door open to come back again then u have 28 days to leave voluntarily . but obviously if u appeal u will get more time to prepare yrself. in that case u dont have to withdraw appeal as yr appeal will be deemed to be withdrawn the moment u leave the country. regarding getting yr passport copy, there is a number given in yr refusal letter of removal office. phone them up and request a copy and they will send u a copy as they did in my case. could i please ask why they didnt believe the viability and credibility of yr funds? what is the exact word they have used?

Wardlisting24
inactive

Post by Wardlisting24 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:45 am

'although your bank account is showing money transferred into it, you've not supplied any bank statements that show you've received any money from your parents or that youve been saving 500.00 a month as you've claimed in your interview. In view of above concerns I'm not satisfied that 50K of investment funds are genuinely available or that you intend to invest them as it appears that these funds have been made available on paper solely to meet the requirements of your Tier 1 visa application'

cheque was deposited in my savings account - i transferred it then to current account, where it stayed atleast 2 weeks before i got the statements out so i dont know what more i can do.

i've one more questions, are 10 working days to lodge an appeal is counted from the day letter dated or from the day you sign for the recorded delivery. I spoke to a solicitor and they advised there will always be a 2 day grace period, but didnt elaborate further?

So if it starts from 5/2/14, its 18/2/14 when the 10 working day ends, if it starts from 3/2/14, is it 14/2/14 instead?

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Post by tanvir1985th » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:44 am

It's 10 days after adding 2 days from the refusal date. But I would strongly recommend that count from the refusal date. Alas I am exactly in yr situation and my interview tomorrow. I also don't have any proof of money transfer. Was yr interview mainly on the fund?

rooney0511

Post by rooney0511 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:05 pm

raihanatul.jannat wrote:Hi as all know i had applied for the ent visa in nov 2013, got interviewed in jan 2014, and received my refusal letter on 5/2/14

refusal based on three grounds : the viabilty and credibilty of the source of money referred to; the viabilty and credibilty of business plan and market research; and the applicant's previous business experience (or lack thereof)

anyway long story short, this seems like a dead end. i want to put an appeal in order buy time and get myself ready to move, as i had a settled life here and have to sort somethings out which can't be done in a day. my question is, can i put an appeal in (as it says within 10 working days) and then in a month withdraw and leave. or do i have to stick till the end of tribunal?

also cause they've not returned any documents, for personal reasons i need a photocopy of passport (id purposes), i have lost my copy for personal record - so while appeal application is underway, can i contact homeoffice to send me a photocopy version of my passport - and if it's possible then who do i contact?

now i'd appreciate if someone can come with some pointers, and i'd appreciate if they're are no nastiness to it. not i happy state of mind as you can imagine.

Thanks all.
I may have a suggestion, But please check with a solicitor for details. ( I think you can do this )
You can put your appeal through on paper hearing, then request for your passport and leave while your appeal proceeds.
The appeal can also go on without you.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:20 pm

You can appeal and wait for the date, till that time you can prepare ur self to leave if u wish, as well as prepare all the documents that shows the money still available to you at the time of ur appeal (paper or oral). There are high chance for you to win the case if you will have funds available at that time. Try to keep money at least for a month or more. So you can assure that's ur money only. Go thorough a very good solicitor and I think you should be fine. Or you can show proof of the investments.

As per my experience they only want genuine Enterprenours,so if u are showing business trading activities that will also prove your genuineness.

Hope it will help.

Wardlisting24
inactive

Post by Wardlisting24 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 am

hi guys,

thanks so much all your inputs.

i've one last question. i'm putting an appeal in, thats not an issue - but i need my posted transcripts and certificates back (the ones i had provided with my application), who do i contact for those? and i should be within my rights to claim them back right? i need them for personal reasons. any contact details and ideas will be really appreciated. thank you!

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 am

@raihanatul.jannat, you might can ask for copy of the document, but you won't be getting original back unless u withdraw ur application in any case. If for some reason u need degree n transcript I ll suggest u to ask ur college or uni, they will issue another one. now if u ll appeal than they will send u a copy of ur application including all documents.

Hope this will help.