ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of English certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azk
Newly Registered

Knowledge of English certificate

Post by azk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:19 pm

I aquired ILR in Aug 2012. I am planning to apply for British citizenship now. I see an additional documentation requirement on Knoeledge of English language. I hold a professional qualification in computer science. Few years ago while extending my Tier 2, I had seen that my university in India and my degree was listed in NARIC website. Is it enough to refer to the website or do I need to necessarily get a certificate from NARIC that my degree was taught in English? I am pressed for time and getting any certificate from NARIC takes 4 weeks as per their website. Pls advise.

pereguinn
Newly Registered

Re: Knowledge of English certificate

Post by pereguinn » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Just refer to the site.

For reference this is what it says on the UKBA site:
UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with your original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.
If your degree is not on the points-based calculator, an original letter and/or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of the qualification, and an original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming your name, the title of the degree, and showing the qualification was taught in English; or
A certificate from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming that the qualification was taught or researched in a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); or
If you are awaiting graduation, or no longer have your certificate and cannot get a new one, you must send either:
an original academic reference from the institution awarding the academic qualification, that is on official letter headed paper and shows your name and the title of the award. The letter should also explain when the academic qualification was, or will be awarded; and state either the date (if you have not yet graduated) that the certificate will be issued, or confirms that the institution is unable to re-issue the original certificate of award; or
an original academic transcript that is on official letter-headed paper and shows your name, the name of the academic institution, the course title, and confirmation of the award;
ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ification/

azk
Newly Registered

Post by azk » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:15 pm

pereguinn wrote:Just refer to the site.

For reference this is what it says on the UKBA site:
UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with your original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.
If your degree is not on the points-based calculator, an original letter and/or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of the qualification, and an original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming your name, the title of the degree, and showing the qualification was taught in English; or
A certificate from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming that the qualification was taught or researched in a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); or
If you are awaiting graduation, or no longer have your certificate and cannot get a new one, you must send either:
an original academic reference from the institution awarding the academic qualification, that is on official letter headed paper and shows your name and the title of the award. The letter should also explain when the academic qualification was, or will be awarded; and state either the date (if you have not yet graduated) that the certificate will be issued, or confirms that the institution is unable to re-issue the original certificate of award; or
an original academic transcript that is on official letter-headed paper and shows your name, the name of the academic institution, the course title, and confirmation of the award;
ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ification/
Thanks a lot Pereguinn for very useful piece of information from UKBA site. Appreciate your help.

pereguinn
Newly Registered

Post by pereguinn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:35 am

No problem. Good luck with your application!