ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Good evening all, my warm wishes and congrats to all those that have been granted! Those of us waiting all the best and do not give up or lose hope! @ verbina nice to see you are still going strong on here! @rubablu i answered your question with regards to Sunrise Sol. Protocol bans us from commenting on or giving free PR for solicitors on this forum!

MissA your partner should have declared the CCJs on the form as you declare and endorse on the apllication form that all statements are true and you have answered all the questions truthfully. I hope there are no repercussions for not doing so Hope that helps!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 pm

@ Tei123, waow,u ve got a heart, congratulations, what a fantastic news, bravo.
@debbs1999, congratttts on your new found freedom.
@kunzlek welldone and congrats on your liberation.
@olapoint, what can I say, u deserve it, welldone and enjoy your freedom.

Hello peeps, I have been away for some time, running arround like a headless chicken trying to collect more evidences. I am thrilled with the great news flowing in. For those that have been refused, do not relent but strive and give it your best shot, with the advice of these great forum members, the storm will soon be over.
GOD IS ABLE

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:01 am

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:
tei123 wrote:Hello to everyone ones again,is been ages i came on here.to cut the long story short a few of you will rmber me.I applied for flro as a spouse of a British citizen in Sep 2012 waited a year and i was refused with no right of appeal,I had no choice than to pack me bags and come home to because i had no leave to remain at the time of application.

I ask for advice here and i was given so i say thanks to everyone expecially verbina..God richly bless you.can't name everyone one.but God does

I left UK on 6th nov.2013 submitted my app in Ghana on the 13 and 2day by the grace of God i ve received my spouse visa.

I will advice everyone that meet all the requirements but who has just overstayed should not be afraid to go and apply cos i was in the same situation,was very terrified to leave bcos i was scared i won't be given a visa anymore to UK .God bless u all and wish all our heart desires are granted according to his will.Amen
@Tei123 Awwwwh Im so so happy for you darling!!!!! It was so brave of you to go back home and re-apply!! I truly am happy that everything worked out well for you in the end!!!!

@Tei123. Congratulations. Bold move. Not for the feint hearted. Lol!!!! Enjoy.
@Verbs. So I see you got your BRP before you sent your application!! Lol!!! I think it should read 13/01/2014 not 2013.. Hope you're good!!

On another note. I received an acknowledgement from the TSol other day stating that they've received the papers served on them and that their client had 21 days to respond. They gave the actual due date for the response from HO, but guess you what?? They haven't bothered to respond to the court by the due date, as is normal practice for them. Lol!!

I gave the court a call yesterday to verify if they have responded but, alas. No such luck. Gave the court another call today and...... zilch. Will give them a couple more days then probably write to the court and enlighten them. Stay blessed all!!

@nilemarques ooops you re right!! :oops: Yet another blonde moment for me!!

Hope the amoebas respond to your PAP letter soon as they are taking ridiculously long! Grrrr!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:08 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="verbina"][quote="tei123"]Hello to everyone ones again,is been ages i came on here.to cut the long story short a few of you will rmber me.I applied for flro as a spouse of a British citizen in Sep 2012 waited a year and i was refused with no right of appeal,I had no choice than to pack me bags and come home to because i had no leave to remain at the time of application.

I ask for advice here and i was given so i say thanks to everyone expecially verbina..God richly bless you.can't name everyone one.but God does

I left UK on 6th nov.2013 submitted my app in Ghana on the 13 and 2day by the grace of God i ve received my spouse visa.

I will advice everyone that meet all the requirements but who has just overstayed should not be afraid to go and apply cos i was in the same situation,was very terrified to leave bcos i was scared i won't be given a visa anymore to UK .God bless u all and wish all our heart desires are granted according to his will.Amen[/quote]

@Tei123 Awwwwh Im so so happy for you darling!!!!! It was so brave of you to go back home and re-apply!! I truly am happy that everything worked out well for you in the end!!!![/quote]

@Tei123. Congratulations. Bold move. Not for the feint hearted. Lol!!!! Enjoy.
@Verbs. So I see you got your BRP before you sent your application!! Lol!!! I think it should read 13/01/2014 not 2013.. Hope you're good!!

On another note. I received an acknowledgement from the TSol other day stating that they've received the papers served on them and that their client had 21 days to respond. They gave the actual due date for the response from HO, but guess you what?? They haven't bothered to respond to the court by the due date, as is normal practice for them. Lol!!

I gave the court a call yesterday to verify if they have responded but, alas. No such luck. Gave the court another call today and...... zilch. Will give them a couple more days then probably write to the court and enlighten them. Stay blessed all!![/quote]

@nilemarques ooops you re right!! :oops: Yet another blonde moment for me!!

Hope the amoebas respond to your PAP letter soon as they are taking ridiculously long! Grrrr![/quote]

Lol Verbina!!! Well at least it's the court they have to respond to this time. One way or the other, they'll have to be made accountable for their actions. Am giving them a couple more days before I contact the court again!

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Hello everyone :) I hope all is well.
@debbs1999, kunzlek, olapoint. Congrats to all of you and I wish all the best in your future endeavours.

@tei123, I remember you very well. I wonderd what happened to you when you stop posting and now I know what you were up to. :idea: You went to Gana to get some bronze skin and take on the HO and knock some sence into them for us :lol:
I was very happy to see your post and congratulations!! You definitely deserve your visa grant and good luck to you in your future.

@all Tomorrow is the day for me.
I have been having mini heart attacks and sleepless night for some days now wondering and worring about how its going to go at the hearing tomorrow.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:01 pm

elastep wrote:Hello everyone :) I hope all is well.
@debbs1999, kunzlek, olapoint. Congrats to all of you and I wish all the best in your future endeavours.

@tei123, I remember you very well. I wonderd what happened to you when you stop posting and now I know what you were up to. :idea: You went to Gana to get some bronze skin and take on the HO and knock some sence into them for us :lol:
I was very happy to see your post and congratulations!! You definitely deserve your visa grant and good luck to you in your future.

I have been having mini heart attacks and sleepless night for some days now wondering and worring about how its going to go at the hearing tomorrow.
All the best for tomorrow hearing. I pray that you Will be favour
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:05 pm

[quote="elastep"]Hello everyone :) I hope all is well.

I have been having mini heart attacks and sleepless night for some days now wondering and worring about how its going to go at the hearing tomorrow.[/quote]

Good luck @Elastep for tomorrow's hearing. Remain confident. All the best!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:38 pm

@ Elastep dear a quick prayer has been done for you. Knock them dead so be strong and positive.. Easier said than done hehehehehhee.. Seriously all the best. :D

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

@elastep Will be keeping my eveyrthing crossed for you tomorrow! Good luck! Break a leg!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Hi Verbs, nice to see you popping in us :wink:

Elastep....cyber hugs coming to you. Stay calm and I will keep you in prayers.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

satsug
Newly Registered

Post by satsug » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi,
Please anyone clarify my doubt if u can:))
Home office refused discretionary leave to remain application by wrongly considered new rules which started july2012.
They supposed to consider old rule coz my initial leave was granted 2011.
My question is if i appeal should they grant leave??? Or again make the decision by consider a right rule for my application????????
Last edited by satsug on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Elastep dear go forth because the Lord is with you.
The Lord will grant you favour. Stay positive.

elastep

Post by elastep » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Thank you guys for your prayers and kind words. I will update as soon as I can after the hearing.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

maittm

Post by maittm » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:22 pm

elastep wrote:Thank you guys for your prayers and kind words. I will update as soon as I can after the hearing.
Go forth and receive your stay dear, will be with you in prayers. I believe its been done in Jesus name.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:03 pm

@elastep,
Victory is yours, God almighty will be there with you. Ameeen.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:19 am

elastep wrote:Thank you guys for your prayers and kind words. I will update as soon as I can after the hearing.
Good luck and God strength dear friend. You will be fine
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

ada4msd

Post by ada4msd » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:46 am

@elastep
Today is your day, go and come back victorious. You shall be favoured both by the judge and the hpo. Fear thou not.
GOD IS ABLE

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

@All @Elastep @Appeal Hearing

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:13 am

Hi all,

Congratulations to all those who have received their visas and those who have won in court. @Elastep...wishing you all the best today. God will favour you. I have finally been given date for my appeal...21 August. At first i was not happy until I realised that I clock 10 years on 6th September 2014....so let them delay...if I fail in court I appeal again and reach my ten years and just put in ILR. A good weekend to all.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Re: @All @Elastep @Appeal Hearing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:02 pm

[quote="CrystalNewbie"]Hi all,

Congratulations to all those who have received their visas and those who have won in court. @Elastep...wishing you all the best today. God will favour you. I have finally been given date for my appeal...21 August. At first i was not happy until I realised that I clock 10 years on 6th September 2014....so let them delay...if I fail in court I appeal again and reach my ten years and just put in ILR. A good weekend to all.[/quote]

@CrystalNewbie. That's great news.. Just one question! In what capacity would you be applying for ILR? Have you had continuous unbroken leave ? I do remember you saying that you're are not an overstayer though. I thought that route was for those who've had continuous LTR if I remember correctly. Educate me please if you can!

@Satsug. I believe that the HO will consider the rules in force at the time of decision. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I applied before the new rules came into force but were decided on the new rules!!

hadz7

Post by hadz7 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi everyone
i have been silent viewer of this forum from past 6 months and inspired how people are united on this forum and wishing best to each other . i wish everyone best who has been granted and those who have been refused dont give up because ur day is coming before u know it . my story is
i came in to uk in 2006 as student. applied for extension in Dec 2010 which got refused . got married in OCT 2011 with the girlfried i met in spring 2009 .applied for FLR M which got refused as i overstayed visa in the begining of 2011 .i applied for RECONSIDERATION which home office accepted and after 6 months i sent them reminder by my MP as my wife was diagnosed with extreme anxiety by her phsycologist, along with the proof of my mother cancer treatment going on in USA with photographs and hospital documents and my family proof of addresses and permanent resident copies in USA as my whole family moved from pakistan to usa . MP requested them to give decision quickly as i am the only son of my parents and their delay is disturbing my family life .Home office replied back confirming from the documents i provided them that my family is suffering from the delay and promised they will reply soon but they never did.

in june 2013 my soliciter sent them PAP twice giving them 21 days time each time to give decision or we will go to the court but they dint bother replying . case lodged in to the court and treasury solicitors took 3 extensions from court .21 days each. in september CAPITA sent letter to me saying that they are REJECTING THE REQUEST OF RECONSIDERATION as my case is already in the high court and whatever the decision will be given by high court thats the decision we will follow . in return my solicitor wrote letter to treasury solicitors saying that after wasting two years of my client , disturbing his family life now you are not going to fulfil the promise you made of reconsidering .
In return Treasury Solicitors sent CONSENT LETTER to me saying that we take that decision back which CAPITA gave you and if you sign this consent order we will give decision within 3 months from the date it get signed by judge and there is no cost to be charged from both sides .
on 6th feb 2014 H O has refused me again . its heartbreaking but i am happy that atleast i am out of that pain and stress in which HO kept me for 2 years .
i want to ask gurus to please share ur experiance and tell me what shall i do . my solicitor is advising me to go back to your country and get entry clearance from there . i just want to know if they are not going to ban me or something from uk as i m married to british citizen from over 2 years and if you can please tell me what sort of documents do i required before i go back and apply . i will really appreciate it . God bless us all ! Amen

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: @All @Elastep @Appeal Hearing

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:49 pm

@["nilemarques"]I do have continuous legal stay and will be ten years on sixth of september this year but I hope its sorted out in court...but we will see. Home office is an interesting animal...
CrystalNewbie wrote:Hi all,

Congratulations to all those who have received their visas and those who have won in court. @Elastep...wishing you all the best today. God will favour you. I have finally been given date for my appeal...21 August. At first i was not happy until I realised that I clock 10 years on 6th September 2014....so let them delay...if I fail in court I appeal again and reach my ten years and just put in ILR. A good weekend to all.
@CrystalNewbie. That's great news.. Just one question! In what capacity would you be applying for ILR? Have you had continuous unbroken leave ? I do remember you saying that you're are not an overstayer though. I thought that route was for those who've had continuous LTR if I remember correctly. Educate me please if you can!

@Satsug. I believe that the HO will consider the rules in force at the time of decision. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I applied before the new rules came into force but were decided on the new rules!![/quote]

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:16 pm

@hadz7
It's really nice to share ideas.God is on our side. You said after the Ho asked you to withdraw your JR they refused you again. Did they used the same grounds or different to refused you?

Al Haqq

Re ILR-Crystalnewbie

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:39 pm

@CrystalNewbie
I will like to say you are very much in order. A suggestion I will like to give is that you should actually prepare your ILR by August, because you will qualify 28 days before then. Either way you qualify, because you have had your continuous stay.I giving this information because I know of someone who has got his ILR. The HO had his papers for another category for some time (about 1year), then claimed they sent it back to him which he never got, so they lost his documents. By the time he managed to replace his pp he was close to his 10 years and when he finally applied he got it (ILR) . time duration about 6 months. Once again CrystalNewbie start getting your resources either way you are a winner.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, can someone tell me what are the difference between FLR (O) and FLR (M) application? Thanks.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: Re ILR-Crystalnewbie

Post by CrystalNewbie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:57 pm

@ Al Haqq...thank you so much for that information. ..so by the time we go to court we would have qualified...I thought we would have to wait until the sixth. Thats good news...I will start preparing. Truly grateful for that information. Have a great weekend.

[Qquote="Al Haqq"]@CrystalNewbie
I will like to say you are very much in order. A suggestion I will like to give is that you should actually prepare your ILR by August, because you will qualify 28 days before then. Either way you qualify, because you have had your continuous stay.I giving this information because I know of someone who has got his ILR. The HO had his papers for another category for some time (about 1year), then claimed they sent it back to him which he never got, so they lost his documents. By the time he managed to replace his pp he was close to his 10 years and when he finally applied he got it (ILR) . time duration about 6 months. Once again CrystalNewbie start getting your resources either way you are a winner.[/quote]