ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language exemption and spouse visa - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

speedgear
Newly Registered

English Language exemption and spouse visa - Pakistan

Post by speedgear » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi guys,

I am in the process of applying spouse visa for my wife from Pakistan. I am on ILR so it will be a settlement visa.

My wife has got a Masters degree and we thought she doesn't need to have a English language course (A1/B1) for that reason and should be able to meet English language requirement. The degree is on the points based calculator and we have used it several time to confirm that English language points are awarded on the basis of this degree.

We are very confident that she meets the criteria however, when we try to book an appointment with Gerry's, they are keen for us to get a certificate from NARIC. I have checked the UKBA website and it say's if it's on the point based calculator, the only evidence you need is the degree, transcript and possibly a letter. If it's not there, only then you need to get it approved by NARIC.

UKBA website link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

Can you guys tell me if I am right in thinking that we don't need a certificate from NARIC? does anyone else had any similar experience?

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: English Language exemption and spouse visa - Pakistan

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:47 pm

This is from the UKBA website:
We will also accept that your degree was taught in English to the required standard if:
UK NARIC has confirmed that it was taught or researched in English to level C1 of the CEFR or above; or
you provide evidence to show that it was taught or researched in English.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... hlanguage/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Icdpakistan
Newly Registered

Post by Icdpakistan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Institute of Career Development ICD is an authorized exam center of Cambridge English and offers KET - Key English Test which is UKBA approved exam
1- KET – Key English Test – UKBA approved English exam for spouse visa
2- BEC – Business English Certificate – UKBA and Irish Visa Approved Exam for Student visas / Immigrant visas
3- MELAB – Michigan English Language Assessment Exam for Student visas of USA and Canada
We offer
- Both Paper Based and Computer Based Exams as per choice of test taker
- Multiple Dates in a month
- Results as early as in 2 weeks
- Online results which you can check from Cambridge web site
- Original Certificate from Cambridge UK – respected, accredited by UKBA as most secure and acceptable English Exam
- We can assist in accommodation in Lahore in nearest Hotel ( Both budget and 4 star option ) and arrange transport from hotel to center and back
- Free training for English Teacher – Online books, Teacher Handbook and past paper CDs.
- We also offer intensive preparation classes – both at center and via SKYPE / Books
KET Exam is very basic level exam and our pass ratio is around 99% at the moment.
To register candidate you can do that at our Database at our web site and all you have to do fill in online form.
Test fee can be paid in online bank account, via credit card, cash at center or Easy paisa money transfer.
ICD - 042 111 727 234; 042 35420894-5
Centers in Karachi & Islamabad

mooty

Post by mooty » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:15 pm

I am using the similar route as my wife has got the degree. I have tried the points based calculator. she doesn't get any points there. I have used UK NARIC for the comparability. They confirmed that the Master's degree is equivalent to UK Ordinary Bachelor degree. I have also obtained their English Language assessment. They confirm that the medium of instruction of the degree was in English but no way finding out whether it was equal to C1 or not. I am using both statements from UK NARICk degree certificate and a letter of medium of instructions from the university.
I hope that should satisfy the language requirement. I have lodge the application last week. still waiting for the outcome.

khawaja9
Newly Registered

Post by khawaja9 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:22 pm

can anybody tell me that i done TOEIC A1 from ETS and applied in Oct.2013. is that course still acceptable