ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Sponsor's Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shivuk

ILR and Sponsor's Letter

Post by shivuk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:19 pm

I am a Tier-2 migrant and am applying for an ILR. My employer has issued me a letter confirming my salary and SOC code. They also mentioned that I am continually employed since 06 April 2009 and it is an open-ended contract.Should it be sufficient for the ILR purpose? The SET(O) form says that the employer should confirm that I am still required for the employment. My employer says that open-ended contract should sufficient!!
I would be grateful if you could advise me in this.

Thanks

dk2011

Re: ILR and Sponsor's Letter

Post by dk2011 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:34 am

It would be good if they mention that your required in foreseeable future .

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks for the comment. I did as our HR to mentioned that - but they argues stating open-ended contract is sufficient. I hope this won't affect any decision making on my ILR application. Will the case worker ask for another employer letter if they are not satisfied with it?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:14 pm

Yes. CW will give you time to get another letter if he/she isn't happy with the format. It can delay decision at most. That said , open ended contract is also ok. You mightn't want to annoy your employer because their help is required to get ILR.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Thanks again for your reply. That is a relief - I will let you know the out come- Thanks again

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi Shiv

when do you intend to apply as your EC start date is 9 th april 2009. So 28 days before 9 April 2014?

So does the employer letter need to be issued within 30 days of your appointment?

Pls let me know.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 pm

[quote="dk2011"]Yes. CW will give you time to get another letter if he/she isn't happy with the format. It can delay decision at most. That said , open ended contract is also ok. You mightn't want to annoy your employer because their help is required to get ILR.[/quote]

I have managed to get another letter from the Director of my section stating that I am still required in that employment. I will submit it with the letter that our HR issued.

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:32 pm

[quote="Skc84"]Hi Shiv

when do you intend to apply as your EC start date is 9 th april 2009. So 28 days before 9 April 2014?

So does the employer letter need to be issued within 30 days of your appointment?

Pls let me know.[/quote]

The letter issued to me is dated within 30 days of my appointment. I do not know whether it is a requirement. Sorry !