ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost of Approval letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nshar1

Post by nshar1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:27 pm

Answering your questions:

1) I have assumed my case to be closed. I don't want to live and work in a country which I understanding in neck deep into unprofessionalism and beloved .
2) Please go through the various posts of people who are suffering. The creator of this particular thread himself has been a victim of red tape and ineffieicency. Where is the process??Why his documents have been sent separately from the letter. Why are other applicant's letters& originals sent in a different manner?
A process failure for a single case also amounts to loopholes in processes.
AND here we have hundreds and thousands of such cases.
3) People should know the extent of damage which is possible from the unprofessional actions of UK HO. How people use this knowledge is upto them.

I think it is you(not me) who is lost to to all reason and proportion. You are not open enough to accept the facts.
The facts about UK HO unprofessionalism/red tape are clearly in front of you. Any sensible person will ask a simple question...why don't they cut this crap of a red tape of 12 weeks wait for a letter? This letter is issued by one UK govt agency and it has to be used by another UK govt agency. Common sense says it that they can share this information..given that people are suffering due to the mystery behind the missing letters.

I have not seen any other country where official letters go missing to such a great extent.

I don't want to make it a spar between you and me. It will not serve any purpose. I just wanted to present some facts and I have done that.

PounceQuick

Post by PounceQuick » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:57 pm

nshar1,

You keep accusing HO about their inefficiency and lack of professionalism. However you forget to mention the fact that there are ten-of-thousands of HSMP applications processed successfully within a very short time frame. You only need to look at this board to see HO performance.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:00 am

nshar1,

I can understand that you have faced problems as far as your dealing with the HO is concerned. However, there is nothing that the people who access this board can do about it. It is very well known that HO does not function like a private organisation but so do such offices in almost all the countries. At the same time HO has been pretty quick in disposing a number of applications very quickly. I have been reading a lot of posts on this forum which say that the applications were cleared within 3-5 days !!

Even if there have been repeated problems with your applications, we can not assume that there has been discrimination. May be you (and others who have vented their anger at HO) were really unlucky. As someone rightly pointed out, the sample of the people who actually POST on this forum is biased (we see a lot many posts regarding problems faced and hardly any regarding the successes) and is not representative of the overall applicant pool.

So please bear with it for some more time (wait for the letter to arrive) and in the meanwhile, if possible, see if you can offer some advice to future applicants (like may be marking it in Bold that they want the documents to be picked up by courier etc.). There are lessons to be learnt from such cases.

I know that you did what was possibly the best, but sometimes things go wrong and at times repeatedly. I am not trying to defend HO or refuting the fact that you have been put in a trouble due to negligence at their end - just trying to drive home the point that this should not be seen as some kind of a conspiracy against an individual by the HO.

best regard,

push_hsmp

nshar1

Too many coincidences

Post by nshar1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:50 am

Push_hsmp,
The coincidences have been too many to not belive that these things have been unintentional:

1) Originals docs lost
2) HO took 5+ weeks to act on the reprint request
3) Despite repeated emails, phone calls and faxes they have sent the reprint by normal airmail, which as i had expected, got lost(because nothing has been sent).
As soon as I heard that HO has sent the letter by normal post again, I had predicted to DEBZ(fellow boarder) that the letter wouldn't be reaching me. You can confirm this with DEBZ.
4)The message from HO has been clear...applicant...whatever follow up you may do...if we do not want the approval to reach you...it will not reach you.
5)The response to the complaint also got lost.

About your thoughts on the sample size...Why couldn't this board as sample be the correct representation?? I think this board represents the clear picture

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Dear nshar1,

I can very well understand the cause of your anger. From the correspondance you have posted, one can clearly see that you have been made to suffer because of no fault of yours. In your case, HO seems to have repeatedly taken/not-take certain measures that it was supposed to not take/take professionally. And all this despite a very active and constant follow-up by you through all possible means of communication.

But I still refuse to believe that there is some kind of discrimination or victimisation, may be because I am very optimistic and have faith in the system (and I hope that my faith is not misplaced - otherwise what is the point in going to a country whose system one does not have belief in). Obviously, I have not been through a frustating phase like this.

All I can say is keep your cool and pray that you get the papers soon. I think we can not do anything beyond that - even my own EC application is pending with BHC for last 10 days with no clue on the status..... but I am just waiting....as I know (hoping) something is happening behind those impregnable walls....

wishing you luck wrt your application. Please keep us updated.

regards,

push_hsmp

PS: none of us are questioning the sequence of events described by you, it is only the alleged intentional HO mess up that we find difficult to accept.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:04 pm

In the law, we would call it reckless disregard, the difference between murder (intent) and manslaughter (reckless disregard) same result.

ishkad
Newly Registered

Post by ishkad » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:57 am

I came to know that In fact letter was received in my office but by mistake our office peaon disposed off along with other waste paper. I got the envelope back but no letter inside.

I am left no option than wait for 6 more weeks.

Regards
Ishan

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:21 am

Ishan - I'm sorry to hear that the letter was discarded on the receiving end; maybe you want to do something about that office-person before you leave your position ! At any rate, thanks for posting the update; I'm sure we all will be reassured by this further bit of evidence, that there's no massive Home Office conspiracy afoot, apres tout. Best, AG

ishkad
Newly Registered

Post by ishkad » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:10 am

Hi Everybody,

10 weeks is expiring tomarrow and 12 weeks is expiring after 2 weeks, can I request HSMP Team for the reprint now.

Do anybody has idea how to get it at the earliest as they told me to wait for 10-12 weeks.

Regards
Ishwar