ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please need some help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fredd

Please need some help

Post by fredd » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 am

Hi
Please everyone comment on this.... At my new job there is a guy claiming to have got ILR only after one year of coming into the uk and i challenged him that this is not possible furthermore he said he have got ILR for USA and UAE.....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Please need some help

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:45 am

There used to be cases where people who were married abroad for a substantial period (4 years) could enter the UK with ILE/KoLL REQ. However, that's no longer the case. In theory it could be possible to be granted LOTR straight away but it's generally unheard of for ILR. He's more than likely on settlement leave as the spouse/civil partner of a British Citizen as that application is called a settlement one but is actually a route to settlement. Or perhaps he's just not happy to say he has LLR. Or he suffered domestic abuse or his spouse/partner died. Without knowing details it's difficult to speculate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.