ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESA and Housing benefit effects on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ESA and Housing benefit effects on ILR

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Depends how bust they are, they can request further supporting documents anytime until they make a decision. It should take less than 6 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

st helena
Newly Registered

Post by st helena » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:56 am

are there many people who get refused at this stage ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:39 am

Those who are refused still had to do biometric enrollment. However, try and be positive.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

st helena
Newly Registered

civil penalties and civil judgements

Post by st helena » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:46 am

Hi;
What are civil penalties and civil judgements ? and what exactly time of application means ?
If someone applies for ILR , feels in the form and then while the application is being decided gets civil penalties or civil judgements for example because of owing to the bank a little money , how this affects the application ? and how someone can find out if there is any penalty or judgement against him?
Thanks for your response in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:12 pm

See Trust Online (click) if you get a CCJ during an application you should inform the UKVI.

st helena
Newly Registered

Post by st helena » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:11 am

Hi thanks for the link I checked for my current and previous address and it says nothing registered for all options , the thing is that I have had several PCNs over the past 5 years that I paid ontime and I really don't know if I had to declare these ?!! Are PCNs come under civil penalties ?? or I just can trust the result I got from my search ? Do they also credit check people for ILR applications ? Thanks for your response and help in advance ..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:31 pm

PCN are not civil penalties. A civil penalty would, for example, be a fine under the immigration legislation for hiring illegal workers, currently £10000 per worker.