ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prasadnadendla
Newly Registered

Indian Passport Renewal

Post by prasadnadendla » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi,

To whom below post helps:

- The person who is initially got 10 years of Indian passport and want to renew from UK by person.
- The person who is initially got 10 years of Indian passport, want to change/add wife name and change of address at the
last page of your passport UK by person.

Assuming you know that you should fill an application form and submit at HCI.

There are more than one Indian Consulate in the UK so based on the place where you stay you can visit nearest Consulate.

If the person passport is about to expire (< 1 year) or expired. You need to get the passport re issues. Basically you will get new passport along with old one.

Documents required
- Application form to be filled each section.
- 4 passport photos this included with attached to application at photo section.
- Photo copy of passport (better to take all pages with you but they will ask only first and last page)
- Photo copies of visa (I mean BRP card)

If you are adding wife name then you need to

- Submit marriage certificate, wife passport and visa photo copies. These must be self-attested by her. They will ask you for originals at the time of submission of application, you just need to show them.

If you want to change address on your passport (at last page of passport) then only you need to submit below proof.

- Submit photocopy of your permanent address in India. For me they did not ask me to show originals. (You can submit electoral card, Ration card..etc). Check Indian passport service web page.

If you do not wish to visit HCI again for collection of your re issued passport then you buy self-attested envelope and give to them at the time of submission.

As per my experience and your day is dedicated for passport extension then I would say you do not need to be there at passport office very early morning. You can reach there by 7 or 7-30.

For some reason unexpectedly you got in trouble with Xerox there is shop available near to HCI. (I strongly recommend go by take photo copies before you reach HCI)

Hope this information helps. Since rules change day to day basis. The above information is as of 25-01-2014

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Indian Passport Renewal

Post by prisat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks in writing this up. Definitely useful.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

imab

Post by imab » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks a lot.
This is a very useful post.

My passport is running out of pages and I have to apply for a new one. However waiting for 4-6 weeks is tough as I need to travel frequently? Would you know if
* Tatkal scheme is available in such cases (not necessarily same day, even a week is fine) OR
* HCI London gives back your old passport to you and take it only when new passport arrives

Any inputs would be great.

Thanks,
Abhishek

sunny31October
Newly Registered

Post by sunny31October » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:35 am

Hi,

Can I apply for Indian Passport Renewal via post or I have to go by person only?

Kindly reply as I stays in Leeds and can't travel. Where is nearest Indial Consulate or HC where I can apply for my passport renewal either by post or personal.

Kindly reply

graja03
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by graja03 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi Guys,
Has anyone received Renewal new Indian Passport recently? Especially, people who applied in the month of Jan 2014?

Your comments much appreciated. I have applied to renewal my passport on 10th ofJan 2014 by post.

Its nearly, 10th week now no positive news yet. But, I have been to Indian embassy today(18th march 2014), still they saying I have to wait for another 2 more weeks, However, I am not sure about 2 weeks time. I am bit worried, as I am already due to apply my ILR in UK.

Is it possible, to apply my ILR without my original Indian passport and Original Bio-metric card?

I cant see, Indian embassy is helpful in this matter? I trust UKBA home office rather than our Indian consulate people's.

Please, any thoughts guys?

Thank you in advance.

Ram