ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKBA (EEA2)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:15 pm

amino2005 wrote:hi,
I have been reading posts in here and I have requested my passport to be returned on 3rd of November, I used both email and online form and they have received them and i called them they said its been sent and I should receive it today or tomorrow, according to the person on the phone. so I guess its good to send an email and also submit the form and chase it by calling them, and ensure it has been logged into the system. remember be polite, you have more chances to get answers by the adviser on the phone.
the only issue i have no is because they are sending me back my new passport which hasnt got any residence card on it (I have requested both on the form), but they are only sending my new passport, does anyone know if I can travel back without my residence card (I am a visa national), any advice on this , I have my COA and have copy of marriage certificate, and also copies of old passport with residence card on it. any online document saying that I could travel back without visa since I will be joining my wife who is gonna be here.
thank you

As your situation it will be very difficult to come back without valid RC.
Even in your home country,air line/immigration officers will not allow you to board in the plane.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:30 am

dalebutt wrote:You have to select the European national, you are in that category.
I confirm the information supplied is complete, true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if I withdraw my application and have already paid a fee, the fee will not be refunded. I understand that if I ask for my documents back, this may delay the processing of my application.
I understand that I can only request my document back for travel if I have made an application for British nationality, or an application as a European national including Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals. For all other applications, I must withdraw my application if I want to travel outside of the Common Travel Area (The UK, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
Except for 'European nationals', 'Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals' or 'Nationality' applications, if I ask for my document back for identity purposes and then travel outside of the Common Travel Area, I understand that my application will be automatically withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded.

QUICK ONE: Is a non EEA national who is the applicant based on a EEA national spouse get affected by the withdrawal of application notice as quoted above should s/he request for passport back before application is determined?

iffi
Newly Registered

Post by iffi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:52 am

Davmck70 wrote:
dalebutt wrote:You have to select the European national, you are in that category.
I confirm the information supplied is complete, true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if I withdraw my application and have already paid a fee, the fee will not be refunded. I understand that if I ask for my documents back, this may delay the processing of my application.
I understand that I can only request my document back for travel if I have made an application for British nationality, or an application as a European national including Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals. For all other applications, I must withdraw my application if I want to travel outside of the Common Travel Area (The UK, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
Except for 'European nationals', 'Bulgarian, Romanian and Croatian nationals' or 'Nationality' applications, if I ask for my document back for identity purposes and then travel outside of the Common Travel Area, I understand that my application will be automatically withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded.

QUICK ONE: Is a non EEA national who is the applicant based on a EEA national spouse get affected by the withdrawal of application notice as quoted above should s/he request for passport back before application is determined?
I am non EEA with retained of right and applied for EEA4 6 months ago and still waiting for my PR,

i requested for my passport back already for travel purpose,

So in that case my application will be withdrawn according you have
mentioned above ???

I believe that it will NOT be withdrawn and i will be issued my EEA4 on A4 size paper separately, this is what i have heard and that why i asked for my passport back.

But I am confused now :?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:39 am

Ignore that message, passport return portal wasn't designed specifically for EEA applicants, and it applies to all other category of applications, someone applying under the EEA regulations can, and are entitled to request their passport back without withdrawing their application.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:46 pm

MariPP wrote:
natasha1985 wrote:I wonder if anybody could advise me? My husband posted his EEA2 application off to UKBA on 3rd September 2013 & they received it on 4th September, he then received his COA on 13th September, dated 10th September. He is a Turkish national, and I am an Irish citizen living in Belfast. His EEA Family Permit expired on 13th September 2013. We have considered travelling back to Turkey in November time (no flights booked yet) as i have just had a baby boy & would like his family to see him soon, and we had wanted to request to get both our passports back for this. My question is (sorry its so long-winded!) can we request our passports back without cancelling our application? Someone told me that due to him being Turkish, requesting documents back would automatically cancel the application?? As obviously i wouldn't be wanting to withdraw our application. Also as his EEA FP has expired and we are awaiting an outcome on his EEA2 application, can he travel back & forth from Belfast to Turkey with no problem at immigration? And lastly, if we do get the passports returned, do we need to then send them back to UKBA after we return home again? I enclosed a special delivery envelope in my application so would they just use this? So sorry for such a long message, but just wondering if anyone could help me! Thanks in advance!! :)
You can request the passport back without withdrawing the application and in case they do need the passport back, they will contact you. Email them at LNC22RODsInbox@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Thanks for the email, I have sent email to request my passport back. I got this reply. This inbox is not monitored.

Please do not use this inbox for return of passport/identity documentation requests or any other casework enquires as we will not respond to these.

Further information upon our services can be found at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:42 pm

I have requested my passport on 19 november through the online form but it has been more then 10 days now, havent received anything. I submitted another return of document form. Any phone number to contact them directly?

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:42 am

ice_breaker wrote:I have requested my passport on 19 november through the online form but it has been more then 10 days now, havent received anything. I submitted another return of document form. Any phone number to contact them directly?
01516725626. Just let them know they are breaching their own terms as written on their website, 10 days for EEA nationals. Be polite and talk calmly - it helps. DO not argue or get irritated. all the best.
Worry adds nothing but fear

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Davmck70 wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:I have requested my passport on 19 november through the online form but it has been more then 10 days now, havent received anything. I submitted another return of document form. Any phone number to contact them directly?
01516725626. Just let them know they are breaching their own terms as written on their website, 10 days for EEA nationals. Be polite and talk calmly - it helps. DO not argue or get irritated. all the best.
Thank davmck70s.. I called that number and spoke to the guy. Good thing was I just had to wait just under a minute to speak to some one. Upon asking about the passport he said they are extremely busy and the work load is to the max. I should get it sooner. When I ask if the request i made is appearing on the system. He said theres no request under my file, I asked if I should make a request again, he said no need, the request will be received eventually and will be actioned accordingly. Again dont know when. Made a request on 18th november for eea1 and eea2 passport. After 10 workin days sent return of document - not received. Atleast I should get my partner's passport. :( anyway thought to share my dilemma. All i can do is wait only

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:41 pm

@ice_breaker: Contact you MP via mail requesting for assistance and also explain what you are going through. MP's have a direct line to address such issues

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
Worry adds nothing but fear

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:56 pm

Davmck70 wrote:@ice_breaker: Contact you MP via mail requesting for assistance and also explain what you are going through. MP's have a direct line to address such issues

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
Many thanks. I will contact the local up . After hanging up I was wondering on the return of document form I put the reference number from the acknowledgement letter since I havent received the coa yet which has the case id. Maybe that could be the reason of not showing up the request under our file. Coz when I spoke to the person he said he needs the case id not the acknowledgement ref, I said I havent received the coa so he just asked my dob and name and post code.

euroguys

Re: Experiences on Requesting Passports back from UKBA (EEA2

Post by euroguys » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:47 pm

We are on the SS route application third week of December included a request for Passport marriage certificate and birth certs and after receiving the C.o.A I additionally requested on line these docs were all received yesterday so dont know if it was a week or a month but all good
2011 Sep EEA1- Portugal
2011 Nov Wife arrived
2012 Jan EEA2 Issued to Wife
2013 Apr 1a issued on arrival at port spain
2013 Nov 1a issued after day trip france
2013 Dec EEA2 applied for
2014 Jan CoA with work 3 weeks
2014 Jan Passports returned

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:48 pm

euroguys wrote:We are on the SS route application third week of December included a request for Passport marriage certificate and birth certs and after receiving the C.o.A I additionally requested on line these docs were all received yesterday so dont know if it was a week or a month but all good
A good sign that an application will succeed in my view. Congrats in advance.

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Thanks Dale Im quietly confident and additionally prepared in great part to the excellent posts here cant wait to ask for a return of fees
2011 Sep EEA1- Portugal
2011 Nov Wife arrived
2012 Jan EEA2 Issued to Wife
2013 Apr 1a issued on arrival at port spain
2013 Nov 1a issued after day trip france
2013 Dec EEA2 applied for
2014 Jan CoA with work 3 weeks
2014 Jan Passports returned

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:42 am

If I were to apply for via EEA2 (for my husband), how long would COA take? Also, when is the earliest I can request the passports back? If I send them a next day delivery envelope with the application will they return it quicker?
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

Peaceful world
Newly Registered

Post by Peaceful world » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:59 am

Jellybean105 wrote:If I were to apply for via EEA2 (for my husband), how long would COA take? Also, when is the earliest I can request the passports back? If I send them a next day delivery envelope with the application will they return it quicker?
I would like to know as well. Sent application on 23rd Jan, still haven't received COA.

#Marahappy
Newly Registered

Post by #Marahappy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Hello, Just want to share my process of requesting the passport back. Thanks to all you guys posting it has been incredibly helpful.

Send Application on 1 May 2014, received COA a week later. Requested passport on 4 June and received it on 10 June with the Residence Card, and partners passport and other supporting documentation I had sent with application, super happy and grateful. To request my passport I filled the online form on UKBA website as required.

The process was very fast (just over a month), the average being 2 months or upto 6 months, very impressed.

All the best with your applications!

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi Marahappy,

Congrats on the quick turnaround time. Please can you tell us which Exercising of Treaty Rights route option you chose? Also, how did you organise your supporting documents (example: folder with clear pockets) and did you include a cover letter?

As much detail would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#Marahappy
Newly Registered

Post by #Marahappy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi Kafworld,

We went for the 'worker' for treaty rights as my partner is employed, therefore straight forward. In the EEA2, we got the employer stamp and provided 3 previous consecutive payslips.

Yes we did have a cover letter listing all the documents of support we supplied with the application, however we did not have folder as we put all documentation (in orders as outlined in the cover letter) in one of those firm plastic sleeves. Supporting documents provided included few photos of vacation and family time together, itineraries, payslips, marriage certificate and all other specific documents required in the application.

Hope this helps and all the best with your application.

Regards.

jrru
Newly Registered

Post by jrru » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks a lot all who contributed to this thread. It was a great help since I was really worried about my passport which I needed for work travel.

March - Wife arrived
July 4th - Applied for EEA2 permit. No cover letter. 2 consecutive payslips. Letter of employment from employee (university).
July 14th: Received confirmation of arrival.
July 17th: Used the online form to request passports back ( https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml ) . Reasons: work for me and relative with weak health back in Russia for my wife. However, the application reference number did not fit in the online form for some reason. So downloaded the pdf which is generated from the website and added the reference using a pdf editor. Then at the same day I emailed this pdf to the address which I found in this thread: LNC22RODsInbox@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. In the email I also explained why I send this pdf and included the new reference number which you get when submitting the online form.
July 22: Both passports arrived safely.

I'm quite impressed by the speed with which we got the passports back. Now let's see how it will work out with the residence card.

Berniceysl
Newly Registered

Re: how to write a cover letter

Post by Berniceysl » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:26 pm

GMB wrote:
el patron wrote:I find this an interesting post. I would also be interested in knowing if anyone has made the request for the return of their passports in tandem with their application?
I put a request in my cover letter that I needed the passports returned as soon as all checks had been completed. I just didn't trust that anyone would pay attention to that or take any action on it, so I waited till they had signed for the package then sent an email request as well. I'm pretty sure it's the email they acted on.
Hi GMB,
Can you tell me how to write a cover letter that I needed the passport returned as soon as all checks had been completed send together with my eea2 application? because of my husband mum in very sick so we need the passport back after check? Thank you

emilyscage
Newly Registered

Post by emilyscage » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:29 am

Hello all,
We applied for an EEA2 under SS a week ago and still haven't heard from the UKBA.
Do we have to hear from them in order to ask our passports back?
We both have jobs abroad soon and need our passports...
Also in the link for getting our documents back there are a lot of possibilities to choose from in the "Select application category mandatory field" I don't understand which one to choose.
I will appreciate your help.

Thank you!

sonysony
Newly Registered

Post by sonysony » Sat May 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me. I want to request my passport back from the Home Office.
I had submitted via a legal person, the application form FLR (FP) in February 2015, my husband has also given his finger prints for the Biometric Residency Permit in March 2015. We have not got a decision back regarding the application, but that is not the case. I was hoping to travel to Saudi Arabia for a Pilgrimage with my parents who both have poor health in June 2015 for 3 weeks, I have booked my Annual Leave off for the Pilgrimage and has been authorised, I now need to request my passport from the Home Office and I was wondering if there will be any sort of problem with the pending application for my husband.

fokus
Newly Registered

Post by fokus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:53 am

I would like to share my experience

If you would like to get passports back faster - add prepaid next day delivery envelope to your application.
My passports arrived 7 working days after my request in my prepaid envelope.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:15 pm

fokus wrote:I would like to share my experience

If you would like to get passports back faster - add prepaid next day delivery envelope to your application.
My passports arrived 7 working days after my request in my prepaid envelope.
Almost hope they won't do that if that's the case. My pre-paid envelope covers the whole set of documents worth 3 Kilo .. It would be a waste of at least £20 of postage if they send my passport back in that massive envelope. I guess I should have supplied an additional envelope for the passport alone.

dafelare
Newly Registered

Post by dafelare » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:56 am

HI All,

Hopefully you can help.

My wife is a non EEA national but I am so we have requested the RC. We applied in May and received the COA letter in mid June. We are planning to travel to America in December and are hoping that the RC arrives before then, however, if it doesn't we will request for her passport to be sent back. My only issue is that her Visa has expired, so if we request her passport back and we travel, will they let her back into the country? Is there anything document that we need to request or anything that we can take with us that will ensure she is let back into the country? I've read in other forums that sometimes airlines haven't allowed people to board a plane for the UK without a Visa.

Also, is it frequent that the application takes longer than 6 months? How long does it usually take?

Thanks!