ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Questions (PEO in 2 weeks or so)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

ILR Questions (PEO in 2 weeks or so)

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:19 am

All,
I have been a silent admirer of those who valuably contribute to these magnificent forum. It is now my turn to raise few questions over which I remain doubtful and would truly appreciate if someone can shed their expertise:-
I would be applying for ILR under T1 (G) along with my wife.
So far I have pulled together the following documents:-
  • SET(o) form
    Passports for both applicant
    Biometric Cards x 2
    2 Photos for each applicant
    Marriage certificate
    Cohabitation docs - Wife's bank statement, and mortgage statement that is under joint name
    12 Pay slips
    12 Bank Statements
    P60 from my previous role
    Letter from HMRC showing employment history from 09-10, 10-11,11-12
    LITUK Pass certificate x 2
    Eng Language pass certificate (awaiting actual certificate from Trinity) x 2 (though I have degree taught in English, I have cleared the test to be extremely safe)

Have I missed anything? I do have following but not sure if I need to submit?
  • Current Employment contract
Questions where I particularly need some advice:-

I have been a frequent traveller (work and holidays). What document do I need to submit to cover this, if any?
Any other document I must include?
My PEO is at Croydon, anything particular I should be aware of for this PEO?

Guys, your help is appreciated. Understanding this is a free experience sharing forum, I will be patient for someone to come around and attend to this.

Thanks
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

pinkpop

Re: ILR Questions (PEO in 2 weeks or so)

Post by pinkpop » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi first good luck on the day.

How many p60s you will submit? Why you need to submit employment history as you will getbthe p60s submitted anyway? I think those two documents are showing same kind of information? Am i right here? Or could you tell me what information holds on the employment history?

Your list to me is much enough for covering everything.

Thanks a lot

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Cheers for your reply. I forgot to mention that I don't have p60s from my previous employers and that's why I had ordered letter from HMRC to show that I've been active during my past 5 years.
Hope this explains.
Ta
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

pinkpop

Post by pinkpop » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:48 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:Cheers for your reply. I forgot to mention that I don't have p60s from my previous employers and that's why I had ordered letter from HMRC to show that I've been active during my past 5 years.
Hope this explains.
Ta
Thank you ans it is much appreciated.

spillman
Newly Registered

Post by spillman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi Rakeysh,

Thats good list of documents you already got. I am in confusion regarding 'Eng Language pass certificate' though for my spouse. UKBA accepted my Degree which is taught in english then why not for spouse is my gut question in mind. I am not getting definitive answer from forum that why we need to submit English pass certificate for spouses when they got Degree which taught in English (offcourse the question is around how to prove such degree is taught in English is another big thing). Mostly i see everyone are submitting and under 'just in case' principle.

you done a good thing by appearing Eng language and getting that certificate. How much time it took to register and get this certificate?

I also suggest you take present employer letter stating that you presently employment with them and most likely your services are needed further. This i read in SET (O) application just passing on. If you think its too late dont worry much but make sure you got latest payslip and bank statement which is not more than one month old from the date of your submission.

You mentioned that you are frequent traveler, so better you get covering letters from employers for all work-related absences even though they are meant for your personal visits (Annual leave). One of my friend told that he was asked such letters where in he only got them from present employer covering 1.5 yrs.. he also prepared detail excel showing personal and business visits and no. of day on each occasion, total days in cumulative per year and he said it been helpful during his submission. Just another suggestion..

Finally All the very best!!!

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Cheers for your reply spillman. To attend to my own problem first:-

As I mentioned, I am not sure how much my old company would be willing to help in here with regards to issuing the letter confirming my dates of travel and hence why I was questioning weather or not it is a must!

I will get the letter from my current employer as you recommend.

Now your comments:-

Like yourself, I have a degree which was taught in English and I had used that for my initial application as well as extension. I registered for my exam and appeared within 3 days. It genuinely is a walk in a park. You get the results straight after your test. That said, the actual certificate which is recognised by UKBA ( in my case Trinity college) takes about couple of weeks to come through. I am still waiting for mine, I appeared on 23rd January. I would expect that to come in anytime now!

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:33 pm

appeared on 21st January and not 23rd, sorry !!

spillman
Newly Registered

Post by spillman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi Rakeysh,

Its mentioned in application to bring letters supporting your work-related absence and based on my friend experience (who is also frequent traveler like you mostly on business grounds).

But i can only share my gut feeling that if you are not away from UK for more than 180 days in a year and 90 days in a stretch then you may not need 5 yrs history but atleast try and take such letter from present employer.

So far I approached all the employers regarding this letter and they all responded positively as they are already aware of this requirements. Better you approach them and make sure atleast they reply back with their response positive or negative so that you have a case to present if at all CW asked for it.

Thanks