ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zazam

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Zazam » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:06 am

I read the financial requirement Annex, and if the reason for the 2 weeks off is defined or shown, then it is accepted, so in this case their is a valid reason, for a different income for that month....
... Rubbish

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 am

saf786 wrote:Thank you for your e-mail of 05 February 2013.
Your application for settlement has been received by this office and is currently on hold because on 5 July 2013, the High Court in the UK handed down its judgment in a Judicial Review of the minimum income threshold for spouses/partners and children applying in the family route. Having reviewed the judgment, the UK Home Secretary has decided to pursue an appeal to the Court of Appeal (and has asked for this to be expedited).
The Home Office has therefore temporarily 'paused' decision-making on some spouse/partner and child settlement visa and leave to remain applications. This may be for several months at least. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on our website.
Documents that we received from your sponsor in October last year, have already been examined by the dealing officer.
I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and your family. We will contact you again shortly with more information regarding your application. Please refrain from further correspondence with us during this time.

Yours sincerely,

Now I'm a bit more clear on what's happening co it's definatly on hold.
Can someone plz just help me in deciding.. Is there any point waiting for the hearing next month which yea we no it may take ages yet or is should we just withdraw it ? I mean have we got any chance if we wait as we r on hold ?

Ahhh, they haven't accepted your documents!?

Do you not earn 18,600?

What did u ask, as i want to know whether my documents have been accepted or not.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:58 am

Hey sameena sister.. I did meet the requirement .. I'm self employed and working part time ! I just said to them that I sent additional docs in bla bla month and I have paid full fees and I have the right to know with what's happening with my case.. Can u plz tell me if my docs were accepted and if my case is on hold as I have waited longer than the time given (24 weeks) .. Just be nice and true and tell them u have the right to no !

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:29 am

Any body in same boat as me? Who applied in Jan?
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

RONZ

Post by RONZ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:53 am

Zeeh,

I sponsored my Mrs on 16/12/13 and my status is stuck on Forwarded to ISL OC on 17/12/13.

So pretty much in same boat, However interestingly you submitted your app. after we did and still your status has changed and mine hasn't so it's hard to comprehend on what order and basis the BHC process visa applications.

zeeh wrote:Any body in same boat as me? Who applied in Jan?
Applied on : 16\12\2013
forward to ISL OC : 17\12\2013
Visa granted : 21\05\2014

zaman1989
Newly Registered

Post by zaman1989 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:09 pm

The reason our applications are put under so much scrutiny, is largely down to us and our families that come to this country before us where us people did almost anything to get here. And no matter how legitimate our cases are we will always be questioned as pakistanis no matter where we go its just the way the world is going. Everyone just have patience and Allah will help is all In'shaa'Allah

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:40 pm

saf786 wrote:Hey sameena sister.. I did meet the requirement .. I'm self employed and working part time ! I just said to them that I sent additional docs in bla bla month and I have paid full fees and I have the right to know with what's happening with my case.. Can u plz tell me if my docs were accepted and if my case is on hold as I have waited longer than the time given (24 weeks) .. Just be nice and true and tell them u have the right to no !

i just cant see where they actually explained why you are on pause after you submitted your documents like why they havent been approved,
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019
Ilr application submitted 17/07/2019
Appointment bio metric super priority-31 July 2019

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:11 pm

saf786 wrote:Hey sameena sister.. I did meet the requirement .. I'm self employed and working part time ! I just said to them that I sent additional docs in bla bla month and I have paid full fees and I have the right to know with what's happening with my case.. Can u plz tell me if my docs were accepted and if my case is on hold as I have waited longer than the time given (24 weeks) .. Just be nice and true and tell them u have the right to no !
Many people are receiving rfc n visas i've seen on other forum INSHALLAH we will all hear soon.
I have noticed a thing that the people who have recently submitted the docs n the people that were not on hold are hearing back...i think they forgot us..;-( I submitted docs in oct nothing since thn in nov they emailed me that officer is working on my application its been 3 months now n that lazy officer is still doing that... I pray that all of us get the visas soon n Allah make the whole thing easy for us all Ameen
Applied in lahore on 04/07/2013
Under process 19/07/2013
Got a letter on 27/09/2013 its on hold
Doc submitted 17/10/2013
Rfc : INSHALLAH soon

shahjee123

Post by shahjee123 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:21 pm

This is to confirm that your application for settlement has been received by this office and is currently being processed. Our External Customer Standards for settlement applications are to process 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks.

I am writing to inform you that, unfortunately, it is likely your application will take longer than usual to conclude. In many cases we are undertaking additional checks on sponsors income and employment. If you have not submitted the required evidence to demonstrate that your sponsor can meet the minimum income threshold, your application will be delayed. This is because on 5th July 2013 the UK High Court handed down its judgment in a Judicial Review of the minimum income threshold for spouses/partners and children applying in the family route. Having reviewed the judgment the UK Home Secretary has decided to pursue an appeal (and has asked for this to be expedited). More information on this Court judgement is available on our website.

If the results of our checks show that your application meets the requirements of the Immigration Rules, we will make a decision on your application as quickly as possible. However if the evidence you have provided shows that the minimum income threshold has not been met, or that significant evidence is missing, your application will be ‘paused’ pending the outcome of the appeal. If your application is ‘paused’, we will write to you again to let you know and we will tell you what documents are missing from your application, if any, so that you have an opportunity to address the inconsistencies.

At this stage we do not require any further action from you. If we do we will write to you again and let you know.

If you would like your passport to be returned to you whilst your application remains on hold, please email visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk and this will be arranged for you.

I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and your family. We will contact you again shortly with more information regarding your application.

This is what i got since 12 December 2012. God know what they upto but does that mean its on hold :S
i Applied on 16 sept still with BHC

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:31 pm

shahjee123 wrote:This is to confirm that your application for settlement has been received by this office and is currently being processed. Our External Customer Standards for settlement applications are to process 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks.

I am writing to inform you that, unfortunately, it is likely your application will take longer than usual to conclude. In many cases we are undertaking additional checks on sponsors income and employment. If you have not submitted the required evidence to demonstrate that your sponsor can meet the minimum income threshold, your application will be delayed. This is because on 5th July 2013 the UK High Court handed down its judgment in a Judicial Review of the minimum income threshold for spouses/partners and children applying in the family route. Having reviewed the judgment the UK Home Secretary has decided to pursue an appeal (and has asked for this to be expedited). More information on this Court judgement is available on our website.

If the results of our checks show that your application meets the requirements of the Immigration Rules, we will make a decision on your application as quickly as possible. However if the evidence you have provided shows that the minimum income threshold has not been met, or that significant evidence is missing, your application will be ‘paused’ pending the outcome of the appeal. If your application is ‘paused’, we will write to you again to let you know and we will tell you what documents are missing from your application, if any, so that you have an opportunity to address the inconsistencies.

At this stage we do not require any further action from you. If we do we will write to you again and let you know.

If you would like your passport to be returned to you whilst your application remains on hold, please email visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk and this will be arranged for you.

I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and your family. We will contact you again shortly with more information regarding your application.

This is what i got since 12 December 2012. God know what they upto but does that mean its on hold :S
did you mean 12 decemeber 2013? cause i receiced that as well to my house address, it doesnt make sense, tbh i know, im a septemeber 2013 applicant
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

shahjee123

Post by shahjee123 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:39 pm

ash2006 wrote:
shahjee123 wrote:This is to confirm that your application for settlement has been received by this office and is currently being processed. Our External Customer Standards for settlement applications are to process 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks.

did you mean 12 decemeber 2013? cause i receiced that as well to my house address, it doesnt make sense, tbh i know, im a septemeber 2013 applicant
yes 12 Dec 2013 after that i stopped chasing them. Dont know what to say or do they saying you are not hold or paused then they say if u want ur passport back whilst ur application is on hold. :S I think its just a random template they are using maybe PS if its on hold dont they tell u back ?

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:44 pm

me and you seem like in the same boat our time line must be similar if your a september applicant my wife applied mirphur
yes i think its a template etc if we were on hold they would state the reason and make a direct sentence to your application and what the problem is,, i havent had that besides the stupid deferred email and template,
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

shahjee123

Post by shahjee123 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:47 pm

ye it is true well what so ever it is my 24 weeks are gonna be over on the 16th of march so lets hope i hear something back from them and ye we are on the same boat :/

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:50 pm

i just dont understand what taking them so long, there people who applied in october got there visa saying that though there still people that been waiting way longer than us, but i know i have met the income threshold so i have a right to be vocal about it
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

shahjee123

Post by shahjee123 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Same goes with me Bro i have met the reqiurments earn more then £20000 god knows what are they checking :S
Havent called the employer or anything and ye u r right we have the right to know but this is how it works in Pakistan bro u just have to wait cant question them :/

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:56 pm

wow, i earn 1600 per month after tax i get £1323.24 i provided 9 months wage slips/bank statements, instead of 6 ,
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Saf786 and shahjee I also received this letter by mail,I am July applicant
Applied at 04/12/12
Under process at BHC 18/12/12
RFC : 05/03/13
RE-Applied at 19/07/13
Under process at BHC 01/08/13
RFC : inshallah positive result soon

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Seems to me like that letter basically means they are trying as hard as they can't to delay as many applications as possible. It's politics. They want to be able to give some good 'reduction in immigration' figures when it gets close to general elections.

They have most likely been advised to try as hard as possible to refuse/delay applications.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:53 pm

Rz girl

U have a similar case like me

What happens to us who are on hold then ? What happens next

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 pm

To Saf

I never understand why BHC staff have to use complicated writing language. I mean the letters and emails they send always confuse me and i have to check with family members to see how they interpret the letters/emails they sent.

Anyway regarding the email you received. The top of the email is clearly a template as this was written in letter we received and the bottom part where they apologise for inconvenience caused part is also a template and therefore looks like they only changed the part where they stated that an ECO has looked at you file. However they havent said that they didnt accept the extra documents nor did they write that they have.

So therefore if i was in your shoes i would wait about a month or so before making decision on withdrawing application, you never know you might receive RFC message soon.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:09 pm

To Shahjee123

The letter you received is a standard letter letting you know that your processing of application is delayed. It doesnt mean its on hold or anything like that. They just havent made decision on your application yet.

Hope you hear soon from them.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

ash2006
United Kingdom

Post by ash2006 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:13 pm

i just hope everyone on this forum receive the visa for themselves/partners asap, i been waiting been getting confusing emails and letters, not sure whats going on,
Spouse Visa
Entered UK 10/06/14
Flrm applied Feb 2017
Expires 19 August 2019

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Alwayshope inshAllah you are right

SHAHFAISAL

Post by SHAHFAISAL » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Salaam All,

Can anyone on the forum advise me on wether tax paid for pay as you earn employees can affect your visa application if it is only paid up till point of submitting the application ie is a month or two behind?

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:43 am

saf786 wrote:Alwayshope inshAllah you are right
I got this email today
Thank you for your e-mail of 06 February 2014 enquiring about the progress of your visa application.

I can confirm that we received your documents in October 2013. These have been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer, alongside your existing application, however we are still unable to conclude your case on the basis of the evidence received.

A decision on your application has therefore been put on hold until the UK Courts have decided the outcome of the Secretary of State's appeal against the High Court judgment in relation to the Judicial Review of the minimum income threshold for spouses/partners and children applying in the family route. A decision will not be taken on your application until the outcome of the legal challenge is known. This may not be for several months at least.

You can withdraw your application (and your document(s) will be returned to you) and you can make a fresh application when you have the required evidence. You may wish to consider doing so for example if you wish to rely on a change in circumstances or on the fact a requirement is now met which was not met at the date of the initial application. If you withdraw your application, you will not be refunded the application fee.

Alternatively, you can request for your passport to be returned if you need to do so.

Please refrain from sending any further documentation or correspondence regarding your visa application as we will not be able to consider it again. Your patience in this matter is highly appreciated.
Not sure what to do now :-(:-(
Applied in lahore on 04/07/2013
Under process 19/07/2013
Got a letter on 27/09/2013 its on hold
Doc submitted 17/10/2013
Rfc : INSHALLAH soon