ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letter for Tier 1 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

N2012

Absence letter for Tier 1 General

Post by N2012 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:15 am

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the letter of absences from my employer.

I'm on Tier 1 General applying for ILR in a few weeks. I will ask my (previous) employer to sign a letter stating that my absences from the UK were on paid annual leave. None of the absences were for work or any other reason.

I've prepared a letter saying that I was "on paid annual leave on the following dates" and then list the dates I was on leave AND outside the UK. My question is, does my employer need to also state that I was outside the UK, or would it be enough that the dates correspond with my dates of absence from the UK? As it was my annual leave my travels were not related to work itself, and I took leave days on other occasions without leaving the UK, but as these do not matter for Tier 1 I thought I don't need to mention them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
N

dk2011

Re: Absence letter for Tier 1 General

Post by dk2011 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Just mentioning of paid annual leave from employer side is suffice.

N2012

Post by N2012 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks!
And am I right that it doesn't matter that these do not include all my annual leave, only those when I spent outside the UK?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Correct.