ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC Database Collection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rbh
Newly Registered

naric times

Post by rbh » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:00 pm

Guys,

I have filed naric application on 29th May. and still havent received their reply. Me and my wife are a little concerned. Can someone please narrate the timelines for filing an application and receiving their reply (in india) in recent times

Rgds,
RBH

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:37 am

Can anyone in this forum tell me if B.Sc (honours) from Banaras Hindu University (it is one of the Central Universities in varanasi, India) comparable to British bachelors degree?

surat3912

Post by surat3912 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:57 am

Hello,

Today I am in receipt of NARIC Assessment report as under :

(1) Country of qualification : INDIA
Title of Award : Bachelor of Laws
Awarding Institution : South Gujarat University
Year of Completion : 1991
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British
Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard.

(2) Title of Award : Bachelor of Commerce (Advanced
Accounting & Auditing)
Year of Completion : 1988
Bachelor (ordinary) degree standard.

I hereby request to reply that will I get 30 points for educational qualifications or not ?.

My e-mail is : vahed@accamial.com

rk79

Any Update

Post by rk79 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:48 am

Guys, any update on this one?

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:55 am

Awarding Institution: National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Islamabad
Title of Award: Bachelor of Science - Computer Science (4 years)
Year of Completion: 2004
Assessment: Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard.

Despite of above assessment from NARIC (as well as attaching this original letter of comparability from NARIC with my HSMP application), my application for HSMP was refused for reason As confirmed by NARIC, your degree is recognised as below UK bachelor degree standard :) Can anyone comment on this one? What do you people think could have happened? has the case worker not seen the NARIC letter at all or what else? Do you think I stand a chance in review as I have reconfirmed from NARIC about my degree and they still say the same as what they said in their assessment above.
Regards,
KM

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 am

kmunir wrote:Awarding Institution: National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Islamabad
Title of Award: Bachelor of Science - Computer Science (4 years)
Year of Completion: 2004
Assessment: Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard.

Despite of above assessment from NARIC (as well as attaching this original letter of comparability from NARIC with my HSMP application), my application for HSMP was refused for reason As confirmed by NARIC, your degree is recognised as below UK bachelor degree standard :) Can anyone comment on this one? What do you people think could have happened? has the case worker not seen the NARIC letter at all or what else? Do you think I stand a chance in review as I have reconfirmed from NARIC about my degree and they still say the same as what they said in their assessment above.
did you submit the NARIC assessment with your initial application? If yes you have a good chance of applying for review clearly mentioning this fact!!!or else you can take a risk by sending the naric assessment report along witht he review application and see what they say!!!

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:32 am

did you submit the NARIC assessment with your initial application?

Yes definitely i submit the NARIC assessment (in original obviously) with my initial HSMP application. I have applied for a review mentioning the same fact (have sent a copy of this letter again to stress on this point mentioning that this is not a new information but a copy of letter already sent with my initial application). Lets see and hope for the best :) Thanks for your response
Regards,
KM

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:59 am

Bachelor of Science (hons) from Banaras HIndu University (3 yr course) is equivalent to UK bachelors degree. Got approval for HSMP based on letter from the Uni.

ganeshgiri
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC Database Collection

Post by ganeshgiri » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:06 pm

Can anybody let me know whether Karnataka University, Dharwad is there in the NARIC database ?

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:10 pm

Dear Roy Rajat

I have B.Sc. (hons) 3 years degree from Karachi University Pakistan, Also i have M.Sc 1 year degree.

What degree should i send NARIC ?? If suppose i send the M.Sc degree then i think they would require the IELTS , as my degree is showing the M.Sc. Degree.

What should i do , should i present the B.Sc (Hons) 3 years or M.Sc. 1 Year??

regards

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:08 pm

mehpk wrote:Dear Roy Rajat

I have B.Sc. (hons) 3 years degree from Karachi University Pakistan, Also i have M.Sc 1 year degree.

What degree should i send NARIC ?? If suppose i send the M.Sc degree then i think they would require the IELTS , as my degree is showing the M.Sc. Degree.

What should i do , should i present the B.Sc (Hons) 3 years or M.Sc. 1 Year??

regards
Sorry i am unable to understand your question. naric has nothing to do with IELTS. If you want to get your degrees evaluated you would have to send both your masters as welll as bachelors. If they say both are quivalent to UK bachelors and masters then you can apply for HSMP claiming 35 points in qualificatio section for your masters and then your bachleors degree would be needed to prove engliish language requirement (albeit you would have to get a letter from your bachelor imparting uni)

hope that helps

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:56 pm

Dear Roy

thanks for your reply.

Well if i send both the M.Sc. and B.Sc. Hons degrees to NARIC. Then if they certify that the B.Sc. hons is equal to UK Bachelor and M.Sc. equal to UK Masters, then on the B.Sc. hons degree i would not need to pass the IELTS right??

And can i claim the 35 points if NARIC certify the M.Sc degree equal to UK Master and at the same time i dont need to do IELTS as i would have the B.Sc hons degree ??

regards

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:16 pm

mehpk wrote:Dear Roy

thanks for your reply.

Well if i send both the M.Sc. and B.Sc. Hons degrees to NARIC. Then if they certify that the B.Sc. hons is equal to UK Bachelor and M.Sc. equal to UK Masters, then on the B.Sc. hons degree i would not need to pass the IELTS right??

And can i claim the 35 points if NARIC certify the M.Sc degree equal to UK Master and at the same time i dont need to do IELTS as i would have the B.Sc hons degree ??

regards
Yes if you have separate certificate for BSc and MSc and your BSc was indeed 3 year course which should be clearly mentioned in the lettter from the university for english language

Goldfinger
Newly Registered

Need some info

Post by Goldfinger » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:50 am

Hi guys, Can some body help on the following please,

I have got my B.com degree from University of the Punjab, Lahore - Pakistan in 1996 and my B.A. degree from the same institution in 1992.

What is the comparison of my degrees to the UK Eduactaional levels?

All feed back is welcomed.

thanks

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:48 am

Dear Brother

You need to get the certificat from the NAIR, they will tell is your degree equal to UK bachelor. I would suggest you that send only the B.Com. Degree to them, as it is more professional.

http://www.naric.org.uk/

regards

surat3912

NARIC Assessment

Post by surat3912 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:54 am

Hello,

Today I am in receipt of NARIC Assessment report as under :

(1) Country of qualification : INDIA
Title of Award : Bachelor of Laws
Awarding Institution : South Gujarat University
Year of Completion : 1991
Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard.

(2) Title of Award : Bachelor of Commerce (Advanced
Accounting & Auditing)
Year of Completion : 1988
Bachelor (ordinary) degree standard.

I hereby request to reply that will I get 30 points for educational qualifications or not ?.

My E-mail is : vahed@accamail.com

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:41 am

Would I need to get a NARIC certification for a B.Com from Mumbai University?

hahha143
Newly Registered

Post by hahha143 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:41 am

Anybody having info about Cochin University of Science and Technilogy (CUSAT) comes under NARIC.

Mideast Banker

UK Master but Overseas Bachelor

Post by Mideast Banker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:31 pm

I have a UK MBA but an overease bachelor in Business adminstrationand Finance from an American System College considering Credit hours.

Do I need to request an evaluation service for my bachelor degree or the UK Master will waive me from that

Thanks for your replies

Regards

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

Students of Visweswariah Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka do not need to waste money applying for NARIC. Bachelor of Engineering course from this university is considered equivalent to a UK Bachelor Degree. I got my HSMP approval and I did not send NARIC letter. The university is already part of the NARIC database.

antony

Post by antony » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Students of the following university do not need to waste money applying for NARIC verification.

1) Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli

Bachelor of science course from this university is considered equivalent to a UK Bachelor Degree. I got my HSMP approval and I did not send NARIC letter. The university is already part of the NARIC database.

Many Thanks
Antony

Ritz123

NARIC degree Equivalence

Post by Ritz123 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:04 am

Hi All,

Awarding Institution : Mangalore University
Title of Award : Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard.

Thanks and Regards

Ritz123

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi guys!!!

This is what I received yesterday from NARIC

Awarding Institution : Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering
Title of Award : Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering.
Assesment : Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard.
Regards,
Richie

Anurag Reddy N
Newly Registered

On NARIC

Post by Anurag Reddy N » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:54 pm

Hi friends..

I need a great help.
I completed Masters degree(Msc) from Swami Ramanad Teerth Maratwada University(SRTMU) , NANDED , MAHARASTRA.

Can anyone plz tell me that SRTMU is in the NARIC list.

Regards,

Anurag Reddy

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:02 am

Country of qualification : INDIA
Title of Award : Master of Design, Visual Communication
Awarding Institution : Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Year of Completion : 2005
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British Taught Masters degree standard.