ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS and Application Date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

phjohnst
Newly Registered

NCS and Application Date

Post by phjohnst » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi -

Just to start off, thanks to everyone here. These boards were a massive help when applying for ILR last year.

I'm getting ready to apply for Naturalisation in March. My ILR was granted on the 10th of March 2013.

Two questions:

Can I attend NCS on 10 March 2014? Or do I have to wait until the 11th of March?

I went away on holiday on the 13th of March 2009 (so, I was in the UK that morning, and then elsewhere in Europe that afternoon). Does this mean that the Home Office has until the 13th to receive my application? (Or, if they did receive on the 13th, or give acknowledgement on that date, that all would be fine?)

Thanks!

Just Wondering

Re: NCS and Application Date

Post by Just Wondering » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:57 am

Your timeline is pretty tight, but make sure you ask NCS if they send the application off that day.

You can apply via NCS on 10 March. I would suggest you could apply on 7 March via NCS as the application won't reach UKBA earlier than 10 March.

You would count as present in the UK on 13 March 2009. So, the UKBA needs to have your application on or before 13 March 2014.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 am

To be precise, the application needs to be received by the HO on 12 March (as 13 March-12 March is a full year).

As 10 March is a Monday, make sure with NCS that they are aware to the tight schedule and verify with them that they use next day Special Delivery and can make sure the the application would reach on time.

Alternatively, wait until the dates you retuned from your trip.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

phjohnst
Newly Registered

Post by phjohnst » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:47 am

This is very helpful, thank you.

I'll try to make an NCS appointment for the 7th. Do they have any issues doing the appointment before you're eligible?