ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information for Dependent ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tauseefakhan
Newly Registered

Information for Dependent ILR

Post by tauseefakhan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Hello All,

I am after some information and would really appreciate if any one can advise me on the following please,

I am currently on Tier 1 General Visa and will be applying for ILR in April 2014.

My wife applied for Spouse/Dependent Visa from Pakistan in 1st Week of August 2012. She arrived in UK on 18th of August, 2012. Her 2 years period prior to qualify for ILR will be completed in August 2014.

My question is whether she can apply for ILR after completion of 2 years qualifying period or she has to wait for 5 years before she can apply for settlement. (As per current British Citizen Settlement Rules).

Also, we now have a baby, can I apply for his naturalization after my ILR or do I have to wait for myself to be naturalized. I have not applied for his visa.

I would really appreciate if any one can confirm and clarify above.

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

vinny

Re: Information for Dependent ILR

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:22 pm

She has to wait for 5 years before she can apply for settlement as per 319E, if she applied for entry clearance on/after 9th July 2012.

If baby was previously born in the UK, the baby is entitled to register for British citizenship immediately after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tauseefakhan
Newly Registered

Re: Information for Dependent ILR

Post by tauseefakhan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Thank You @ Vinny - Your quick response is very much appreciated.