ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for FLR(M) partner self-employed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crazydude
Newly Registered

applying for FLR(M) partner self-employed

Post by crazydude » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi all

I will be applying for my FLR(M) end of July, i have most of the documents they ask in the website, Finances bank statements showing a balance of £1.400 but my partner work in a Hotel as a self employed so he does not have wages slips, the proprietor made a letter confirming that he is working for him as a self employed, we didn't have any problems when i applied for my entry clearance and i used same evidence.

Do you thing this could be a problem??

Regards

Gio

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Assuming from your post, You have already got a 2 year spouse visa and as you have not completed the 2 years required for ILR, you are applying FLR(M) to complete 2 year period.
but my partner work in a Hotel
If he works in a hotel how is he getting paid? If he is self employed under a umberlla compnay then he must be getting the payslip through them.

How is paying the tax?

If he has an accountant then the accountant could give you a letter confirming his pay and it shoud be sufficient.

crazydude
Newly Registered

Post by crazydude » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:06 pm

my entry clearance is valid for 6 months it was granted for me to come to the UK and Register the Civil Partnership then after that i can apply for my FLR(M) which will be for 2 years and after that if we still together i can apply for my ILR, his wages depend on how well the hotel does every month, but his bank stattements never been bad, he always have a healthy balance, i dont know if it can be a problem, because he doesn't have any wage slips,

regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:13 pm

crazydude wrote:my entry clearance is valid for 6 months it was granted for me to come to the UK and Register the Civil Partnership then after that i can apply for my FLR(M) which will be for 2 years and after that if we still together i can apply for my ILR, his wages depend on how well the hotel does every month, but his bank stattements never been bad, he always have a healthy balance, i dont know if it can be a problem, because he doesn't have any wage slips,

regards
Is he paying tax?

crazydude
Newly Registered

Post by crazydude » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:25 pm

yes,he is paying tax