ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jersey wet stamp

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jerseyb1
Newly Registered

Jersey wet stamp

Post by jerseyb1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi,

I'm living on Jersey, arriving with an EEA FP. Went to immigration today to apply for my 5-year extension. They did not place a sticker inside my passport, but instead applied what they call a wet stamp, which says "family member of an EEA national". It does not include my photo, and does not say residence card. It is valid for 5 years though. They also provided me with a letter explaining that I have leave to remain in the UK and do not need a separate UK visa to travel to the UK.

Am I right in assuming that this is my residence card, and that I can now travel visa-free to France (and the rest of the Schengen area) as long as my husband comes along? Am thinking about testing it out by taking the ferry to St Malo, it's not an expensive trip to take if it turns out it's not adequate and I do need a visa after all.

Thanks,