ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time buyer - banks providing mortages

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robinkurian
Newly Registered

First time buyer - banks providing mortages

Post by robinkurian » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Hello
I'm a first time buyer currently on a tier 1 visa.
Was looking out for a mortage. Could you let me know the list of banks that provides mortages to people on Tier 1 visa?

I'm approached Halifax who have confirmed they will, just checking to see if there are any other better deals/offers for us.

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: First time buyer - banks providing mortages

Post by vin123 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Also try Nationwide - they do consider tier 1 & 2 applicants with UK residential status for a minimum of 3 years.
As a general rule with both Halifax and NAtionwide, 25% deposit would put you in a safer position to secure the mortgage.

uk2k10
India

Post by uk2k10 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Halifax is best amongst them to what I understand... Natwest also is OK with 1 year plus visa.

So I would say with 1 year plus natwest and Halifax are the options, though there is no harm shopping around coz these things change so fast.

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi

Tipton and coseley building society also gives mortgage with 12 months visa, but they are area specific, so it depends where you are based as well.