ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Some Urgent Help Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gogo
Newly Registered

Need Some Urgent Help Please

Post by gogo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:11 am

Hi i have some questions regards to my hubby's visa.
His history is , he came in uk in early 2001 claimed asylum , his origin is pakistan
He was detained when he visited h/o he was bailed and then he didnt follow his case. We married in early 2004 and we have a little girl of 2 years now.we been to law centre and they said he has to go back and apply from pakistan.
I found this site very helpful .
Any chance he can apply from here rather going back coz i am not very strong in finances
I am a care asst in profession working about 30 hours a week and have a saving of about 3500 in bank.
what if he does go back will he get his visa on my payslips and bank balance or will i have to work longer hours.

Anybody who can help me out in this hard time of my life
sorry to be too long

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:21 am

What is/has happened to his asylum case? Has a final decision been reached on it? If his asylum case has been refused and all appeals exhausted, I gather he'll have to return home to apply, unless he has a case under "the most exceptional compassionate circumstances", which, fyi, does not include having a wife and kid (unless it is, for example, a seriously disabled or ill child who needs 24hr care or something).

Otherwise, if you don't have any exceptional compassionate circumstances (I'll give you an example: can't apply for entry clearance from back home because there is a civil/ war, or no British embassy/high commission located there), then your only (stress only) hope is to return and apply from back home.

As for your job - your savings are a plus, but it isn't necessarily based on your earnings, but on ensuring you won't rely on public funds (well, him anyway) and you are more or less self-sufficient. You should provide lots of evidence on shared bills or living, and that you have a stable job and are doing well now, etc.

gogo
Newly Registered

Really confused with this immigration system

Post by gogo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:23 am

Hi its regarding my previous post i only got one reply
I need some advice please , I want to be sponsor for my husband .I only work 30 hours a week and i have a saving of 3500 in bank. And at present i am claiming working tax credit and child tax credit .
And i am in this job for about 3 months and it is a permanent job.

Will it be alright to fill the criteria for embassy in pakistan or do i have to find another part time job with this

Any suggestion , comments or advise will be appreciated

thanks

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 am

gogo, please check my post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=12301

Hope it helps

jamalkhan

Post by jamalkhan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:32 pm

I think you need to take eliaseuk's as checklist and gather all the documents.

Get your finances/assets stronger as possible. Parents supporting letter if possible. Brother or sister supporting letter

Once you have all the documents then fill out the form.

Remember he will be checked at the airport so I suggest he should decalre himself overstayer/failed Asylm seeker and then show this to IO's at the airport. This will help him to fly back smoothly without any question asked.

On his arrival submit the application the very next day.

In pakistan it takes at least 3 month to get your number so be patient and do not give up.

The rest is upto God and God Willing the decission will be in your favour sooner or later.

Hope this helps

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:33 pm

Remember he will be checked at the airport so I suggest he should decalre himself overstayer/failed Asylm seeker and then show this to IO's at the airport. This will help him to fly back smoothly without any question asked.
Not necessarily, all he has to do is inform the Home Office by writing a letter and asking them to return the passport as soon as possible so that he can travel. I contacted my MP about this and Home Office returned my passport to me. Once you receive your passport book, your tickets and off you go. but you might be asked few questions in the airport but its very rare as there is no exit checks made in the airport at present. if any questions asked then just be honest and say that you claimed asylum and now returning back home voluntarily to get entry clearance. And also please put all the correspondence you make with the MP or home office as the part of your evidence when you apply for your husbands entry clearance.
Goodluck.

gogo
Newly Registered

Post by gogo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:08 am

Thanks for all the replies and very useful information.
i just have one quick question if anybody can help me in that please

My husband is asking me to travel with him and stay there till he gets his visa. will that be any benificial or will it make more complex for his case in islamabad
And another question is it better or not to tell the io in islamabad that he applied asylum and work illegally in uk.

thank you all.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:38 am

And another question is it better or not to tell the io in islamabad that he applied asylum and work illegally in uk.
The VAF2 application form needs to be completed truthfully! Accordingly the ECO looking at the visa application will know that he has been in the UK previously.

As regards visa applications I have heard it said "Get caught in the lie, wave the visa goodbye!" .... but not suggesting for one moment that you or your husband would want to go down that route.

If you have not already done so download the VAF2 application form ..... click here .... and view the INF4 guidance notes ... click here.
John

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:14 am

My husband is asking me to travel with him and stay there till he gets his visa. will that be any benificial or will it make more complex for his case in islamabad
It doesn't make any difference at all from his application point of view but obviously from his personal point of view it will give him a moreal support as you will be next to him all the while providing that you could bear the cost of spending the time with him during the time it takes to process but certainly it won't make any harm to his application at all.

Be honest with the ECO because they will find out everything so its better you tell them before they found out themself. I been honest with them by filling the application truthfully as well as writing a clear covering letter.

Goodluck.

gogo
Newly Registered

Post by gogo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:46 am

thanks very much john and elias4uk for your help and also jamalkhan to put me in the right direction